Can't Download transactions from Bank of the West

For the past week or so, I get a message that Quicken can't establish an internet connection, only when trying to download from Bank of the West. All my other accounts are downloading fine. I deleted the online access and tried to reestablish it, but it won't let me do that, either. Can you help me figure out what the problem is?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @merilevy

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below,.

Across the top go to file > new > Start from scratch > continuing through the setup and making sure the mobile sync is turned off. Once you've done this see if you have a similar issue as well.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• merilevy
    merilevy Member ✭✭
    No, it works fine with the new file. What do I need to do to get it working with my existing file? I have like 20 years of records in there.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @merilevy

Thanks for the update. In your case lets try seeing if we're able to get downloads by doing something similar in your main file. In your main file we'll want to deactivate the accounts and then we'll activate them like they're new. I'll leave steps down below. 

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Last we'll want to reactivate the accounts. To do this you'll want to go across the top to tools > add account. From here look up Bank of the West and sign in. You then should get a screen where you'll be able to link your accounts to an existing account. Once you've done this we should be ideally back up and running.

Let us know how it goes. If you run into any more issues please let us know and we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• merilevy
    merilevy Member ✭✭
    My computer died and I have to mail it in for warranty service, so it'll be a few weeks before I can try this out. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.