Why do I have to enter my quicken ID and password every time I open a quicken file

thebenskys
thebenskys Member ✭✭
I have two quicken files. For the last week I have had to log on to my Quicken ID every time I try to open either file every day or every other day. I have not changed credentials or changed my computer system.
I recall that this was a problem some time ago but then it was fixed. Is this something I can fix myself?

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @thebenskys

Thank you for the additional question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Once you have signed out of the Quicken ID, you will be presented a screen to enter your current Quicken ID and password to re-sign in which will automatically re-link your Quicken ID to your Quicken Data File.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @thebenskys

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we may just need to sign out and back in so that we're able to get you working without signing back in each time. I'll leave steps on how to do so down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've had a chance to try this let us know what you're able to find. If this doesn't work we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• thebenskys
    thebenskys Member ✭✭
    I tried to reply by email and got this back: Please advise soonest.

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<noreply+d7889479-s6031128@quicken.com>:
    550: 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [SN1NAM04FT038.eop-NAM04.prod.protection.outlook.com]

--- Below this line is a copy of the message.
    Thanks. I'm concerned about signing out from the "sign in as a different user" screen since that screen says if I do so "The Quicken ID below will no longer be linked with this file" and I do not want to do that. If I do so, how can I restore that link? "
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @thebenskys

Thank you for the additional question, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Once you have signed out of the Quicken ID, you will be presented a screen to enter your current Quicken ID and password to re-sign in which will automatically re-link your Quicken ID to your Quicken Data File.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know how it goes.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.