I have 2 BANKS that DO NOT seem to d/l transactions

Irv Spalten
Irv Spalten Member ✭✭
This started recently it seems. iThink was first, and now Chase. BofA seems to work?

I can d/l from the bank the data in a file and then open it in Q and the new data is added.

Any suggestions or reasons why?

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Irv Spalten

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Irv Spalten

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we able to find next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Irv Spalten
    Irv Spalten Member ✭✭
    Francisco, thanks for the reply.

I followed the instructions, created a NEW QDF TEST file.

It worked fine!!!

So I went back to the ORIGINAL and tried again (it was sorted correctly).

FAILED again, no error at all, but the account was NOT updated, yet it KNEW it should be because the on-line account matched the web and is higher than in Q:

See Capture 1, only showing the last 4 digits which are different and last d/l was 2/17.

So I did the VALIDATE...

No errors???

===============================
    [Tue Mar 02 14:38:11 2021]

File: "L:\Q_Copy\qdataCpy"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Tue Mar 02 14:38:33 2021]
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The following transaction(s) were linked to account(s) that are no longer in Quicken. Quicken has changed them to indicate that the account was deleted. Please check them and set the category or destination account correctly. Make sure that this does not duplicate transactions.

A lot of entries I've deleted are for OLD accounts that were in the database.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.
    [Tue Mar 02 14:38:38 2021]

[Tue Mar 02 14:38:38 2021]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
    ==================

Now when I ran Q and did the complete set of accounts, I heard the Windows 'ding'? I'm sure it was the ERROR sound?

I checked Event Viewer and saw only WARNINGS for distributedcom warning 10016. MS indicates this IS normal and nothing to worry about, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/application-management/event-10016-logged-when-accessing-dcom

Where do we go from here?
  • Irv Spalten
    Irv Spalten Member ✭✭
    Francisco, I got it working!

Saw in another similar thread that one should try LOGGING OUT and then back in again.

Did that, tried the d/l, got a 'message on top' saying it was syncing with the cloud, and then did every institution.

All banks d/l'ed OK. Some had a few days worth and the iThink one it had to make what seemed to be an 'adjustment' entry to match the web, which it does.

So all appears to be OK.
This discussion has been closed.