How to make an income reminder a positive number

In bill and income reminders on my main view all amounts are shown with a minus sign even if the amount is an income and categorized as a deposit. Is there any way to show this as a positive number and not indicating a subtraction from the account? Thanks.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    if you "edit this instance and all future instances" of this reminder in Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders, does the popup view say "Edit Income Reminder"? Or does it say "Edit Bill Reminder"?
    If it says the latter, the reminder was created incorrectly and you need to delete it and recreate it using Add / Income Reminder.
    Changing a bill reminder's category to an income category does not change its internal structure from a charge to a deposit transaction.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @EdandPeg,

Can you tell me whether - when you actually make the entry in the account register - the amounts are correctly being recorded?  In other words, are "income reminders" once entered showing as income in the accounts, and are "payment reminders" also correctly showing up as expenses?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• EdandPeg
    EdandPeg Member ✭✭
    Good Morning Frankx,
    No, the income reminder when entered into the register is listed as a payment and not a deposit. That is why I wait until the actual deposit is made using One Step Update and then I manually delete(skip) the reminder. In the edit screen for the income reminder it is listed as an income category. So, I use the reminders as just that...a reminder...to keep a lookout for the transaction. Also, I don't use payment reminders with amounts. Again, I use them to remind me to download a payment statement and I make the payment online. It gets registered, again, with One Step Update. I don't use Quicken's bill payment system. Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ed
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    if you "edit this instance and all future instances" of this reminder in Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders, does the popup view say "Edit Income Reminder"? Or does it say "Edit Bill Reminder"?
    If it says the latter, the reminder was created incorrectly and you need to delete it and recreate it using Add / Income Reminder.
    Changing a bill reminder's category to an income category does not change its internal structure from a charge to a deposit transaction.
  • EdandPeg
    EdandPeg Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your assistance. So easy. I put those reminders in so long ago I didn't remember they were being added as payments (bills) instead of income. Thanks again for the clear explanation. Stay healthy!
This discussion has been closed.