Bills & Income - Calendar View Not Correct

My accounts calendar view for Bills & Income is out of balance and does not increment going forward to upcoming dates and months. Is there anyway to get the calendar view to increment normally and correctly. I tried to correct the issue by resetting the cloud data but that did not help. This started after the recent update to VR31.20 Build: 27.1.31.20.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @TheGeneral412

Okay, I would recommend checking your to check for any old, out of date reminders that might be appearing.  Do this:

1) Click on the "BILLS & INCOME" Tab;
    2) Go to "Manage Manual Bills & Income" (in the upper right);
    3) Look for any old and/or outdated reminders and delete them.

If no old reminders are appearing, I would recommend that you Validate & Repair your Quicken datafile, as follows:

Before starting the Validate & Repair process, you should copy your current data file within Quicken, and use that copied file in the validation process.

The Copy steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Copy...”

2)    In the Pop-Up make sure all info is correct and all boxes are checked, then click “OK”.

3)    If the “Copy” process fails, it would likely be caused by a corrupt file. You can then try to bypass the corruption by holding down both the “Ctrl” and “Shift” Keys while performing step 1) immediately above.

4)    If you are asked "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click on "Yes".  (However you should know that doing this could cause data to be deleted.)

The “Validate & Repair” File steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Validate and Repair...”

2)    Make sure that the “File to validate and repair” is the new Copy you made above.

3)    Read the “warnings” and check the boxes accordingly.  (I suggest you click” “Validate file”, “Rebuild investing lots”, “Correct investing price history” and “Repair”)

4)    Click “OK”

Once the Validate & Repair process finishes, review the output and

correct any reported errors that the process did not repair.

Then please close and re-open Quicken - are the balances still incorrect in the calendar?

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @TheGeneral412,

Can you give us some more details by what is "out of balance" and exactly what "does not increment"?  Also can you open the "Options" drop-down menu in the calendar and tell us which items are checked in the top section of that drop-down?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    Before the upgrade the calendar would show the projected balance based on upcoming bills and those bill amounts would be subtracted from the balance in the account. Showing, based on the reoccurring bill amounts, what your balance would be at those specific dates.

As for options, if you're referring to the cog all that is checked is combine bills, income & transfers and show memos for bills. Which are what have been checked prior to the upgrade as well.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the Calendar View - from the Bills and Income menu selection

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > This is the Calendar View - from the Bills and Income menu selection
    Yes, I am aware of what it looks like, that is where the problem resides. But if you look at your totals for each day they change based of the withdraws or deposits on that day. Take the 7th and 8th for example in your pic, is the withdraw on the 8th for $13.03? Because that is the difference in your balance from the 7th to the 8th, mine does not do that and all the amounts remain whatever the ending account balance is in the register and the balance does not change in calendar view as yours does, like on the 7th and 8th for example.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @TheGeneral412

Thanks for getting back to me. I had asked those questions to get a clearer understanding of your situation and because I suspected what the problem may be.

When I asked about the "settings" - you apparently gave me the settings for the "Bills & Income" tab.  But the settings that you need to adjust - to fix your problem - are located in the Calendar view.  See the Snip below of the Calendar view, then open your calendar > click on "Options" and make sure that the circled items are checked in your Quicken file.  That should fix the problem.

Frankx

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    Ok, so the screen you are showing is accessed by going to the "Manage Manual Bills and Income, then the options at the top right-hand corner. All of those are checked currently and balance increments are also the same as the main calendar view and not updating based on the withdraw or deposit. Are you using the same build version?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheGeneral412

If you haven't done this already, I suggest that you close out your Quicken application, then exit and restart Windows, and finally restart both Windows and Quicken.

Frankx

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    Have done all of that and also reinstalled Quicken, still not fixed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @TheGeneral412

Okay, I would recommend checking your to check for any old, out of date reminders that might be appearing.  Do this:

1) Click on the "BILLS & INCOME" Tab;
    2) Go to "Manage Manual Bills & Income" (in the upper right);
    3) Look for any old and/or outdated reminders and delete them.

If no old reminders are appearing, I would recommend that you Validate & Repair your Quicken datafile, as follows:

Before starting the Validate & Repair process, you should copy your current data file within Quicken, and use that copied file in the validation process.

The Copy steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Copy...”

2)    In the Pop-Up make sure all info is correct and all boxes are checked, then click “OK”.

3)    If the “Copy” process fails, it would likely be caused by a corrupt file. You can then try to bypass the corruption by holding down both the “Ctrl” and “Shift” Keys while performing step 1) immediately above.

4)    If you are asked "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click on "Yes".  (However you should know that doing this could cause data to be deleted.)

The “Validate & Repair” File steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Validate and Repair...”

2)    Make sure that the “File to validate and repair” is the new Copy you made above.

3)    Read the “warnings” and check the boxes accordingly.  (I suggest you click” “Validate file”, “Rebuild investing lots”, “Correct investing price history” and “Repair”)

4)    Click “OK”

Once the Validate & Repair process finishes, review the output and

correct any reported errors that the process did not repair.

Then please close and re-open Quicken - are the balances still incorrect in the calendar?

Frankx

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    There were no old or outdated reminders.
    No errors were presented and copy was successful.
    Validation returned the following and after closing and opening the new file...ALL IS GOOD!!

[OUTPUT]
    [Wed Mar 03 11:33:59 2021]

File: "C:\Users\jpatt\OneDrive\Documents\Jims Stuff\Quicken2014\JimnJayneCpy"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Wed Mar 03 11:34:04 2021]

[Wed Mar 03 11:34:04 2021]
    Rebuilt investing lots.
    No out-of-range security references found.

Validation has completed.
    [END OUTPUT]

Thanks so much!!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @TheGeneral412

Sooo - you had the old "damaged scheduled reminder" problem.
    Glad to hear that V&R worked out for you!

Frankx

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > This is the Calendar View - from the Bills and Income menu selection
    Yes, I am aware of what it looks like, that is where the problem resides.
    BTW - are you aware there is another CALENDAR -
    .... Tools --> Calendar

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGeneral412 said: 
    File: "C:\Users\jpatt\OneDrive\Documents\Jims Stuff\Quicken2014\JimnJayneCpy"
    Do you have your main active Quicken QDF on a OneDrive ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TheGeneral412
    TheGeneral412 Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Do you have your main active Quicken QDF on a OneDrive ?

Yes I do, saved locally and uploads to OneDrive after changes are made, been setup this way since 2014 when I first started using Quicken.
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    >BTW - are you aware there is another CALENDAR -.... Tools --> Calendar

Yes, it was having the same issue regardless of how I accessed the calendar, but glad it is back to normal again now.
This discussion has been closed.