Recording Sales Transactions (editted to reflect issue)

donnien320
donnien320 Member ✭✭
P&L follow-up: When I changed all my categories as "SALES" - (as income categories), that made all those transactions show up in UNPAID INVOICES! The only way I knew to correct all of them was to go back an go through the routine of using the "Pay Invoices" as though the customer had not paid before. That took the customer invoices out of Unpaid Invoices, but it also eliminates those transactions from INCOME, thus not showing on P&L statements.

Not making any sense to me....what do I do?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @donnien320,

Sorry to hear that you are having those issues.

Can you give us some additional information so that we can try to help you?  For example - can you tell us exactly what the categories were that you "changed" into "Sales" categories?  How does what you are doing now compare to what you were doing before?  Do you record your income ad expense on the "cash" or "accrual" basis?

What type of "transactions" or items did  you "correct" by applying the "routine of using the 'Pay Invoices' method".  It sounds like that resulted in duplicate payments but you are saying that it actually reduced your income - is that accurate?

Please give us as much information as possible to help us understand and then help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• donnien320
    donnien320 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response, Frank.
    1- I added the category SALES:Consulting, to show that category as INCOME. So, when I enter a payment from customer, instead of the Q prompt [Business xx8023] - which is my business account and recorded as a transfer. Depositing in that account does not allow it to show it as INCOME, and thus it doesn't show up on the P&L report. In turn, that invoice will show up in "Unpaid Customer Invoices.

2- Our business operates on a CASH basis.