How do I record preexisting transfers when adding accounts?

How does quicken manage, and what is best practice when adding new accounts that already have payment transfers from an existing account. For example when I add a credit card account to a quicken file where the checking account has already had transfers to that credit card account. Should i go through all the transactions and match payments in the checking account to the credit card account? Upon import they are showing transfers from the same account. Credit Card transfer from the credit card and the checking transfer from checking. This seems wrong.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @gonzoaaron

So it seems like you are referring to a limited time frame of transactions - that spans the number of prior months that the newly added credit card account has picked up as part of the initial download.

If that is the case, I would opt to edit those old transfer transactions in the checking account so that they point to the new account. And after that, I would then delete the duplicated downloaded transactions.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• gonzoaaron
    gonzoaaron Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    :) Thanks for the answer that worked.
This discussion has been closed.