How can we get the taxes calculated when I draft an invoice?

Options
I’ve added the taxes in the Create Tax dialogue, but when I print the invoice (or send it by email) taxes are never calculated...

Best Answer

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It may be the tax setting when you created the business account was not correct, and they have recently hidden this setting. See this recent conversation may be similar to your issue. Inside that link there is another link with comments from quicken on the account setting that may be impacting you. 

how to enable HST sales tax tracking in Quicken - Canada — Quicken

Answers

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Firstly are you using Home & Business edition? Sounds like when creating an invoice you are not assigning the sales tax code from the "Sales Tax Code List" which on my 'create Invoice' dialog screen is represented by a single "T" at the top which drops down the list. Then at the bottom the Sales tax account which accrues the amount is listed - by default that is *Sales Tax* but it can be changed.

If none of these terms are familiar to you I suggest you search help file and support on 'creating an invoice'. Also the last post on this discussion below includes a pdf file I attached from Quicken several years old on how to run your business processes through Quicken which is still relevant today and is for the US version (ignore the Canada reference in the title).

GST/PST Report not capturing all GST paid (Q Win H&B Canada) — Quicken
  • Simon
    Simon Member
    Options
    Thanks YingDave. Yes I'm using the Home & Business edition. I've tried what you said but I don't see the single "T" in the 'create Invoice' dialog. I'll go read the document you sent to see if this can help.

Simon
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It may be the tax setting when you created the business account was not correct, and they have recently hidden this setting. See this recent conversation may be similar to your issue. Inside that link there is another link with comments from quicken on the account setting that may be impacting you. 

how to enable HST sales tax tracking in Quicken - Canada — Quicken
  • Simon
    Simon Member
    Options
    It worked!!! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.