Is there an issue with downloaded bill amounts not matching the actual bill?

Options
I've received a bill from Georgia Natural Gas but the amount in the bill pay stack view does not match the amount on the GNG website or the pdf attached to the bill pay transaction.
I've refreshed the bill twice with no changes.
Also, if I look for the bill on the calendar (not the calendar view in bill pay, but the other calendar), the amount is correct.
Is there a known issue here? Any suggestions on how to correct it?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @John McClure

It sounds like you may be mixing up the new downloaded bill with an old payment reminder.

You should go to: "Tools" > "Manage Bill & Income Reminders"  and see if you've got duplicates there - or if you can locate the entry that has the "incorrect amount".  Once you find that, you should be able to delete it.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @John McClure

It sounds like you may be mixing up the new downloaded bill with an old payment reminder.

You should go to: "Tools" > "Manage Bill & Income Reminders"  and see if you've got duplicates there - or if you can locate the entry that has the "incorrect amount".  Once you find that, you should be able to delete it.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• John McClure
    John McClure Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Frankx
    Thank you for your quick response!
    I checked the Bill reminders as you suggested but in this case I do not see any duplicate or old reminders.

However, I did a search on the incorrect amount and found it in a successful quick pay to this same biller back in July 2020. Very strange.

Possible fix?
    I unlinked the bill from the reminder, then refreshed the bill list, and the incorrect amount updated to the correct amount.
    So I think you were correct that the reminder was somehow linked to an old/duplicate reminder, even though I could not find or see one.

We shall see what happens next month!

Thank you again for your assistance

John McClure
  • jonibonita
    jonibonita Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had a similar issue for several months now. At first, the bill amounts looked correct, but would enter an old bill amount. I had taken the suggested steps and deleted both the biller and linked reminders and created new ones to start fresh. The bills updated correctly and acted like they were working again until the due date, when they enter a $0 amount, which is what the linked reminder has (the amount is overridden by the linked bill each month).

I have had to unlink and make manual any where the above happened multiple times. I no longer have any linked billers because they've all failed over time, even if they were temporarily corrected by creating new billers/reminders.

It seems like there's an underlying issue with Billers and linked reminders. What are the next steps?
This discussion has been closed.