make all columns the same width

Options
hi, just discovered the great option "use large fonts" - just what i needed - now the column widths are all messed up - numbers cut off and so forth. please tell me how to sync all registers to the same column sizes - the same way as the register columns can be synced across all registers. thanks!

Best Answer

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can make all of the same type of register the same. eg. Once you get your bank Checking account register the way you want it hit the little cog wheel on the register (not account settings) then the additional cog setting on the bottom, then hit "Make all _ registers look this this"

Works separately for groups of accounts Check, Credit Card, Cash, Asset, and Liability accounts, also A/R and A/P account if you have more than one. Unfortunately it does not work for Investment accounts as the equivalent settings cog is not there. This will get you most of the way... Yes it is a little obscure, but that is what the forum is for  :)

Answers

• YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    You can make all of the same type of register the same. eg. Once you get your bank Checking account register the way you want it hit the little cog wheel on the register (not account settings) then the additional cog setting on the bottom, then hit "Make all _ registers look this this"

Works separately for groups of accounts Check, Credit Card, Cash, Asset, and Liability accounts, also A/R and A/P account if you have more than one. Unfortunately it does not work for Investment accounts as the equivalent settings cog is not there. This will get you most of the way... Yes it is a little obscure, but that is what the forum is for  :)
  • bradwww
    bradwww Member ✭✭
    Options
    ok on my PC it does not look like a cog - it looks like a tiny square with columns in it but it did the trick as you say - thanks much!
  • YingDave
    YingDave Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You probably have the most current US version , I am using Canadian version - did not realise they had updated that. I guess because it is not really settings but layout.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YingDave said:
    You probably have the most current US version , I am using Canadian version - did not realise they had updated that. I guess because it is not really settings but layout.

Yes, they just recently changed this, probably less than a month ago.

The functionality is exactly the same.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/