How do I get rid of "Tasks perform" icon?

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
I was checking on the status of a Bill pay that uses my bank but that I send through Quicken by tapping on the thunderbolt in the register for the checking account. I clicked the "Update status" button, but now I have this little status icon that won't go away. Nothing appeared to change when I did the update status. I have successfully downloaded transactions from that bank this morning. Since then, I have tried, closing/reopening, doing a file super validate (clean), doing the update through clicking this icon again, doing a one step update of everything (no errors) - how do I get rid of it? Thanks!

Answers

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No help?

To add to it - on the Bills & Income tab, it shows "Payment to send". I click the arrow, it completes the One Step update for that FI, and yet - the same message remains. 

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Don Awalt

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering if by chance you might have a payment stuck in the online center. It's worth taking a look by going across to tools > online center. From there check select your account with the payment. Make sure there's no payment selected under the payment area of the online center.

Once you've had a chance to double check let us know what you're able to find out. If there's nothing we'll see what we can try finding next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing, I checked that.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Don Awalt

Thanks for the update. Another idea would be to try seeing if we're able to load a backup from a previous date where we didn't have this popping up. When you're doing this you'll want to try finding the most recent backup without the issue. Ideally it shouldn't be too far away. Once you've done this I would make it a separate copy of your file as well. Ideally this will give us a copy without the issue that you're able to easily update. 

Once you've had a chance to try let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That really doesn't solve the problem, it predates it. I don't want to do that, isn't there some way to figure out what's wrong through logs, files, etc.? I am not the first person to report this problem. For a subscription service, I would hope this can be investigated in a way other than just loading an old backup.
This discussion has been closed.