Open Files from Previous versions

I have been using Quicken/Quickbooks for 20+ years and need to open some old files. Is anyone able to assist me please. I havent kept the previous disks so are not able to open the files and then export unfortunately. :'( Would really appreciate some help.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @delchristie

Thanks for letting us know. The serial numbers shouldn't matter in this case I believe. If you do have any password files you may need to know what those were. Additionally one thing I forgot to mention with the original response is for QuickBooks I would recommend the QuickBooks community to figure out how you would proceed with their files. I do not have any information on how to open those files but I'll leave you their community link down below.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/us-quickbooks-community/misc/03/community-us

Let us know if this helps you out!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• delchristie
    delchristie Member
    Sorry should also mention its on a PC and not a MAC
  • Quicken Francisco

Hello @delchristie

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like you should be able to get these files open with an intermediate version that will open files from previous times.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

In the article above it'll give you time frames of what program is able to open older versions of Quicken. By doing this you'll then be able to open some of your older files. 

If you have any questions please let us know and we'll see what we can do!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• delchristie
    delchristie Member
    The only problem is I have multiple files (one for every year since 1999) but I have no idea what version of the software I used Quicken Cash book or Deluxe and these are the ones I can remember. Im also nervous that I definitely have no idea what my serial numbers for the programs are anymore. Will this matter?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    @delchristie

Thanks for letting us know. The serial numbers shouldn't matter in this case I believe. If you do have any password files you may need to know what those were. Additionally one thing I forgot to mention with the original response is for QuickBooks I would recommend the QuickBooks community to figure out how you would proceed with their files. I do not have any information on how to open those files but I'll leave you their community link down below.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/us-quickbooks-community/misc/03/community-us

Let us know if this helps you out!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    delchristie said: I have been using Quicken/Quickbooks for 20+ years and need to open some old files.
    1 - Just to clarify - this discussion is ONLY for the Quicken aspect of your question.
    2 - Do you currently have Quicken installed and running ?
    3 - QuickBooks is a totally different software product, and not related.
    4 - What are the suffix names of the old files... something like....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.