First Tech Federal Credit Union not accepting Direct Connect (OL-295-A)

This started last Friday and has continued through the weekend into today. I've had to revert to Express Web Connect for now. I've contacted the FI with no productive response yet.
Mike - Quicken Deluxe - latest version always
Tagged:

Comments

• oaridner
    oaridner Member ✭✭
    Same here, unable to download since Friday.
  • Grammie
    Grammie Member
    do you have a fix yet
  • g716_01
    g716_01 Member
    Same since last week or so. Seem like this this build was completely bungled. I'm having all sorts of connectivity errors. Come on Quicken - it's not like this feature hasn't been in use for decades - literally.
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    no fix yet - this will likely have to come from First Tech based on the error message.

Please post if you are able to reconnect using Direct Connect.

Also, please send a secure message via the First Tech website or app to let them know that you're having this issue.
  • ftcnative
    ftcnative Member ✭✭
    Same issue here - I have contacted w/ secure message and they are blaming Quicken.
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    I just got an update from First Tech. Here's a snip from the reply:

"This is a known issue and our IT Team is currently working on getting a resolution. I would like to report your experience to my team and will need some additional information from you before doing so. We will need to get your CONNLog along with the date and time of the recent error message. For instructions on how to locate and save these logs please copy and paste this link https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/support/log-file-location/ into your browser."

I recommend updating your initial secure message with your own CONNLOG.TXT file.
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    I just got this reply from First Tech:

"First Tech Federal Credit Union
    3/9/2021, 8:57:33 AM
    Hello,

This message is to confirm that a Help Desk ticket has been submitted and received for the issues with connecting your First Tech with Quicken. I am very sorry that you have been getting an error when trying to sync your First Tech accounts. I know that if this happened to me I would be concerned as well.

At this time our IT team is working on the root cause of this issue. Once we have an update on this matter we will notify you. We greatly appreciate your patience as we work on this matter."
  • MP1KRUS
    MP1KRUS Member
    Thanks for the update. I am experiencing the same problem last two days.
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    Update from First Tech around 11:42am today:

"This is a known issue and our IT Team is currently working on getting a resolution. At this time we do not have an ETA for a fix. Once this has been corrected, we will follow up with you. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    Update from First Tech around 1:24pm today:

"Thank you for the reply and the logs. We will forward this to our IT Team to review. At this time we do not have an ETA for a fix. Once this has been corrected, we will follow up with you. Please make sure you're using the correct version of Quicken."
  • camccam
    camccam Member
    I'm having the same problem since Friday or Saturday last week. Per the connlog, the server name https://ofx.firsttechfed.com can not be resolved. I then changed my DNS lookup to use CloudFlare. I then got a different error... that the server rejected my connection. I had my VPN turned off for the experiment.

Definitely some problems on the FTFCU side of things. I hope they get fixed quickly. My guess is that they are struggling with security elements..... certificates, TLS1.2, etc.
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    Update this morning from FTFCU:

"We wanted to provide an update on these matters concerning Quicken. During testing we found the OL-295-A error message is only occurring when using Direct Connect. We found that changing from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect has cleared that error and enabled our members to download transactions. We recommend using this other connection while we work on these issues with Direct Connect."
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    Direct Connect is back up at FTFCU. I've just changed mine from Express Web Connect to DC and it is indeed working.
  • JeffC
    JeffC Member ✭✭✭
    Im still having issues. I've reconnected by disabling and reconnecting. It won't download new transaction from 5/15 but the balance is correct. Any advice out there??
  • THEmikehd
    THEmikehd Member ✭✭✭
    I'm getting updates; just checked and all's well here. I suggest contacting Quicken support first to have them look at your connection logs (and perhaps they'll have other suggestions as well).