Tax Planner: Other Withholding using wrong total

Options
Philip107
Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
The Other Withholding is showing the right detail but the total is wrong.

There is actually another detail amount in window not shown in my image, $2600, so the YTD total there is correct, $2,755.26. But, the total being used, shown above highlighted, is only $117. the planner is using the Annual total of $575 which is way off.

Any ideas?

-phil
 ---- Quicken User since 1998 ----

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    What date is associated with the $2,600 transaction?
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    3/10/2021.  I scrolled the window a bit to show it. It's the last one in blue the rest are red for in the future.

• markus1957
    Options
    Have you tried toggling from User Entered or the other options and then back?  If so, a file validation can sometimes help; super-validate also.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you tried toggling from User Entered or the other options and then back?  If so, a file validation can sometimes help; super-validate also.
    Just tried all that and it didn't change anything.

The only thing correct for Other Withholding is the $458 projected amount. I have no idea where that $117 YTD figure is coming from.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I switched the tax year to 2020 and looked at Other Withholding and it is using the  correct figure.

I've sent in a Report A Problem report to Quicken.
  • markus1957
    Options
    FWIW, I use that section in my file and behaves as expected. That points to a data file corruption issue; usually can be fixed by super-validation and sometimes a corrupted scheduled reminder needs to be deleted and re-entered. Also, check to make sure there are no adjustment values in your splits, not long ago that caused an issue in my planner details.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FWIW, I use that section in my file and behaves as expected. That points to a data file corruption issue; usually can be fixed by super-validation and sometimes a corrupted scheduled reminder needs to be deleted and re-entered. Also, check to make sure there are no adjustment values in your splits, not long ago that caused an issue in my planner details.
    Super Validated twice, no help.
    Corrupted reminder??  how would I know, they all look normal.
    Adjustment values?? Don't know what that is so I must not be using them. All splits are properly assigned to a category.
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, I fixed part of it. The $2600 that I mentioned earlier was fixed by changing it's transaction from a withdrawal to a cash out in the 401k account of mine that it came from.

The other smaller amounts are from Pension Deposits. Same transactions that I used all last year with no issues but for some reason the 2021 planner doesn't like them. It will count some of them but not all of them.

The one thing that bothers me is,  if the transaction is being shown in the details list and included in the details total then it should carry up to the rest of the form.

How can anyone ever trust this program to help with taxes with so many idiosyncrasies?
  • Philip107
    Philip107 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Well, the only thing I can find to make the Other Withholding value on the Tax Planner form agree with the Detail total is to move a Jan & Feb transaction to March. But, I'd rather not do that so I'm leaving them where they should be and just entering an adjustment amount in the Detail window to compensate. I'll see how everything goes in the future. Also, when I delete those 2 transactions then the totals agree. I tried recreating them and also changing them to a different category but the only thing that worked was to move them to March. Strange.

This discussion has been closed.