Quicken's Online Service is unviable at this time

Options
tony
tony Member ✭✭✭
Is anyone else getting the message "Quicken's Online Service is unviable at this time." when they try to download new transactions?
Quicken Home, Business, & Rental Property Version: R47.15 Build: 27.1.47.15

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Tony4

I suggest you try signing out of your data file, and then sign back. 

Here are the steps you should take to do that:

1) Go to: "Edit" > "Preferences"
    2) At the bottom of the options > Click on: "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts"
    3) Next - click on "Sign in as a different user"
    4) Type "yes" in the "confirm" box
    5) Sign back in using the same Quicken ID and password  that you always use.
    6) After you do the above - close out and then reopen the Quicken application.
    7) Re-try downloading transactions.

Hopefully that should fix it.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @tony

Can you give us some additional information that will enable us to better help you?

Which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you running?  For which financial institution, and/or institutions, are you getting that message?  What method are you using to connect to the ones that have this error?  When did you first see this problem and when did you last download transactions successfully?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tony
    tony Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken 2020 Home, Business, & Rental Property Year: 2020 Version: R31.20 Build: 27.1.31.20

Windows 10

I get the message when I try to download ALL of my institutions.
    For example Chase Southwest Credit Card.
    Direct Connect for all.
    First started yesterday (3/11).
    The last good download was 3/10.

The error is "Quicken's Online Service is unavailable this time."

How is that an individual bank institution issue?
    I've reported the issue to Quicken 3 times now and no one has responed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Tony4

I suggest you try signing out of your data file, and then sign back. 

Here are the steps you should take to do that:

1) Go to: "Edit" > "Preferences"
    2) At the bottom of the options > Click on: "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts"
    3) Next - click on "Sign in as a different user"
    4) Type "yes" in the "confirm" box
    5) Sign back in using the same Quicken ID and password  that you always use.
    6) After you do the above - close out and then reopen the Quicken application.
    7) Re-try downloading transactions.

Hopefully that should fix it.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• tony
    tony Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That solved the issue. Thank you!
  • Marion=37
    Marion=37 Member
    Options
    Hello Frankx
    Having the same problem since March 4th, I came across your response to @Tony4 about "Quicken's Online Service is unavailable this time."
    My issue was with a credit union who had just changed their programming on Feb 19th but was getting downloads as normal until the March 4th. Thought perhaps that it was their problem until I checked the community out. Followed your instructions and now I'm back to "normal". Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.