Adding stocks - Simple vs Complete tracking

I have been using Quicken for over 10 years, but I am new to investing. I opened a Robinhood account. Online sync is not supported, so I need to add stock transactions manually. I click on the Robinhood account, but there are no buttons on the screen to do anything other than "Update Quotes" which does nothing.
I have done several searches on how to enter stock transactions and every answer seems to say to press buttons that don't exist. Any help would be great before I throw my computer out the window. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Eliot22
    Eliot22 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. When creating the account, Quicken gives you two options, "Simple" of "complete." Simple does not allow for any type of changes, as far as I can tell. Under Account Details, I changed to "Complete" and a register showed up. Very confusing.

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you have added a manual quicken brokerage account to hold your Robinhood transactions.  Then at the top of that register there is a button labeled enter transitions.  From there you can choose buy.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Eliot22
    Eliot22 Member ✭✭
    A register is exactly what I can't find. When I click on Robinhood under "Investing" in my accounts list, I see four squares of information, "Total value" which looks like a small register, but with no ability to edit anything. There is a "Portfolio by Security" with a graph showing 100% cash. There is a "Top Movers" box and a "Value over Time" box with a graph. Again, no buttons to change anything or to go to a register.
  • Eliot22
    Eliot22 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I figured it out. When creating the account, Quicken gives you two options, "Simple" of "complete." Simple does not allow for any type of changes, as far as I can tell. Under Account Details, I changed to "Complete" and a register showed up. Very confusing.
  • gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Spot on @Eliot22
    Good find. I was just about to shoot you there. Good job!
    Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
This discussion has been closed.