How do I resolve issue of duplicate deposits?

Options
helshaw55
helshaw55 Member ✭✭
I have two accounts (with different names) in a local credit union and one checking account in a local bank. For years, I have transferred a set amount from my checking account to one of the credit union accounts. In February, the same deposit appeared in both credit union accounts. Both deposits have the same FITID. Quicken support suggested this was a one-off and advised me to delete the duplication, which I did. The same duplication error happened on March 12. I'm using Quicken Deluxe V 6.1.1 on macOS10.15.7. I reported the problem 2/26/21 and included screen shots of both deposits.

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @helshaw55

Thanks for the update I haven't seen my users with similar issues in the recent patch so it would be best contacting Quicken Support  via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Options

Hello @helshaw55

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering why they aren't matching with each other lately. This is something we can see if we can fix by deactivating/reactivating the accounts to see if that may help. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so.

First thing I'll recommend is to save a backup to revert back to just in case. You can find how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Next we'll try deactivating all of the accounts. You can do so by following the article listed down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Once all the accounts are deactivated go ahead and follow the article here on reconnecting the accounts.

https://www.quicken.com/support/reactivating-deactivated-account

Once you've had a chance let us know what you're able to find out. Since this is a monthly transaction it may take a bit for you to know the result so if you'd rather try something else let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• helshaw55
    helshaw55 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Description of this process scares me a bit. It seems to have started soon after I performed the most recent update. Any chance of a bug? I did not install the update until I finished work on my income tax, in case of unexpected events (like the one I encountered).
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @helshaw55

Thanks for the update. In that case lets just test if we can have the transactions match in a test file. To do this you'll want to go across the top to file > new > start from scratch > select default categories > don't use mobile and web. From her you should be able to add your accounts with your FI and we'll want to make sure we get the accounts we're having trouble with. Once we've done this double check to see if the transfers are working properly.

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know the result. Depending what you're able to find we'll be able to go back into your primary file and see what we can do to get the transfers working.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • helshaw55
    helshaw55 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Francisco -- I appreciate your willingness to help but I must admit I will need more help. I have used Quicken for a number of years and am fine as long as it does not throw me an unexpected curve like I described above. I have had help in the past with Quicken tech support willing to work while sharing my screen. Since this happened soon after I installed the latest update, I can't help feeling that it involves a bug in the update. Are you aware of any others with this or a similar problem? If not, I think I need to request more 1:1 help from tech support.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @helshaw55

Thanks for the update I haven't seen my users with similar issues in the recent patch so it would be best contacting Quicken Support  via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly.  I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

This discussion has been closed.