Is quicken still down for online updates?

Andy Howell
Andy Howell Member ✭✭
I 've not been able to update since Friday, I saw this alert: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7890198/new-3-11-21-you-may-experience-an-error-adding-or-updating-accounts#latest

When I try to do a one-step update, I get a dialog saying: "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time."

There is no new information here, and I don't see anyone else mentioning it. That leads me to think this may be a local issue. Regular internet access is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Andy
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Andy Howell

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we might be able to get you back up if we sign out and back into the program. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've tried this let us know if you've been able to your downloads working again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @Andy Howell

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here if we might be able to get you back up if we sign out and back into the program. I'll leave steps down below.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once you've tried this let us know if you've been able to your downloads working again.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Andy Howell
    Andy Howell Member ✭✭
    Thanks. That worked. Its odd that you have to loose everything to re-log in as the same ID. This needs a better error message than "Quicken's online service is unavailable at this time." That give no clue that the problem is with the user ID/password.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Andy Howell

I'm glad that you were able to get back up and running. Generally when we do see someone is offline we try signing in/out since it could mean they're just not connecting properly to the Quicken servers but occasionally it is something else. It's a good first step to try essentially with it being a quick action to try. If you do run into any other issues please let us know and we'll take a look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.