Reconciled Transfers

Options
Off line only I have transferred money from checking to savings.
It shows on both registers. I have reconciled checking but
although the amount shows on savings register, it will not show
on the reconcile. It keeps saying I am off by that amount
what did I do wrong

Best Answer

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This is just a stab in the dark but when I have experienced an entry not appearing during a reconcile it is typically because of an incorrect date or a blank entry in the Check # column.  I look at the register and see the entry, so why is it not appearing in the reconcile window? If an entry in the Check # column is left blank, it will not appear as a transfer (or check number, or debit or deposit) when you reconcile. I am looking for a transfer when I reconcile but it isn't showing so I go back to the register and flag it as a transfer and it now appears in the reconcile window.

Another problem can occur when the reconcile ending date is incorrect. When I click on the reconcile window today, the reconcile date for March shows March 28th. That is because February only has 28 days so Quicken defaults to the 28th as the ending date for March. If your transfer date is March 29th it will not show in the reconcile window because when you reconcile you failed to change the date to March 31st when you reconcile. Of course, you are not reconciling March transactions but I use it as an example for future reference in the event you experience another missing transaction in the reconcile window.

Answers

• Rhonda H
    Rhonda H Member
    Options
    why does a transferred amount NOT show up in both reconciles
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: How to reconcile transfers between banking accounts.
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This is just a stab in the dark but when I have experienced an entry not appearing during a reconcile it is typically because of an incorrect date or a blank entry in the Check # column.  I look at the register and see the entry, so why is it not appearing in the reconcile window? If an entry in the Check # column is left blank, it will not appear as a transfer (or check number, or debit or deposit) when you reconcile. I am looking for a transfer when I reconcile but it isn't showing so I go back to the register and flag it as a transfer and it now appears in the reconcile window.

Another problem can occur when the reconcile ending date is incorrect. When I click on the reconcile window today, the reconcile date for March shows March 28th. That is because February only has 28 days so Quicken defaults to the 28th as the ending date for March. If your transfer date is March 29th it will not show in the reconcile window because when you reconcile you failed to change the date to March 31st when you reconcile. Of course, you are not reconciling March transactions but I use it as an example for future reference in the event you experience another missing transaction in the reconcile window.

• Rhonda H
    Rhonda H Member
    Options
    Thanks so very much. I appreciate your help when calling in and online chat could not help at all. hmmmm!
This discussion has been closed.