Printing Checks

Options
When printing checks, do I load a sheet into the printer with check number 1 on top (regular load) or number 3 at the top (reverse)?

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It depends on your printer and how it draws paper. (From the top of the stack or bottom. You have to determine this-we can't see your printer :smile:

But, Quicken prints the checks/assigns numbers in order (101, 102, 103, etc.), so you will want the corresponding checks to be fed sequentially. That may/may not require you to reverse the order.

I had an older ink jet printer where I had to reverse the order. I found it easier to just print one check at a time. But, I don't print many checks.

• Tony Robinson
    Tony Robinson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I knew it would depend on the printer. Mine is an Epson that paper is loaded from a feeder in the back. Top of the paper is top of the print, so I believe a sheet of checks would load the same. I, too, usually only write 1 or 2 checks at a time, but my hand writing scares me now. Figure this is best.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, if it draws the top sheet first, then you put the checks in ascending numerical order. (i.e., not reversed.) That is how my current laser printer works.

It certainly makes things easier. 

This discussion has been closed.