Still Can NOT Get Quicken on the Web or Mobile Quicken App to Sync with USAA Federal Savings Bank

2»

Comments

• QknUser8472
    QknUser8472 Member ✭✭
    > @ARsnic said:
    > @Quicken_Tyka ,
    >
    > I am sorry, BUT this is not what I had come to expect from Quicken in terms of customer support. This debacle has been on-going for over a month now and all we seem to get is finger pointing!
    >
    > Look, it doesn't matter who's to blame, you have many of us customers dangling out.
    >
    > PLEASE GET IT FIXED ASAP!!

This has actually been a problem for 2-3 years. At one point when Quicken Mobile/Web App came out it worked, then it stopped working. The reason is isn't working is, best I can tell, due to the fact that the Mobile App/Web Version don't use the same connection types as the desktop version. My understanding is that they ONLY use the express web connect which won't work with USAA's new security measures (or most of their old ones over the last 2 years). I've had the same issue for a super long time and finally just gave up and removed the mobile sync (well, that is also cause it keeps corrupting my paychecks and I have to repeatedly fix them, which is super annoying and dumb).

So, good luck getting this fixed. I think the real issue is that the mobile/web versions would need a significant overhaul to correct the problem.
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    Dear @Quicken,

About this time last year I was looking to replace my Quicken Desktop software with any competitor's online personal accounting software because I wanted to have web access. Then I learned about Quicken's Mobile & Web interface that was absolutely the best of both worlds - I could keep my desktop backbone but still have remote web access. So I renewed w/Quicken in May'20, and it worked great!

Now, since late Jan'21 Qkn Mobile & Web isn't working for my (primary) USAA accounts...so I am literally back to where I was last year at this time.

A quick look at the recent 5 "USAA Mobile/Web AFU" threads shows a total of ~1100 views(!) and ~65 comments on this exact issue. After almost 2 months(!) with no solution, I've got to assume that it is either:
    1) "Too Hard" to fix...maybe ever(?), or
    2) Not been a priority to fix

Pretty sure you would assume the same if the roles were reversed and *you* were the long-time customer who was very happy until suddenly things stopped working (can occasionally happen) with no solution for almost 2 months (should *never* happen)...

Every day now more transactions are building up for your USAA customers. Those transactions will all need to be entered/accepted & reconciled...so there are actual, real consequences to this extended down period.

Status update, please...?(!)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Rip-San you should be downloading and accepting/reviewing the transactions in the Desktop data file.  If you do that, once the connection to Quicken Web/Mobile is fixed then it should just sync everything.  There shouldn't be any "build up of transactions" that aren't being handled.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Gerald A Odom
    Gerald A Odom Member ✭✭
    Hey. Anything new on this problem?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @ARsnic I'm just another user like you, I don't have any inside information on the subject.  It would be up to one of the moderators to post an update.  I suspect the reason that hasn't happened is because they are dark just like we are.

I just wanted to make sure that @Rip-San wasn't holding up downloading/accepting the transactions into the Desktop data file waiting for this to be fixed.
    Signature:
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW Thanks for your reply & suggestion.

The reason I was investigating non-Quicken alternatives this time last year was solely for a web interface - of course I can download stuff on my desktop as I've done from Jan 1995(!) until May of last year, but I needed the web interface for remote transaction entry and budget inquiry for family members that are...well, remote and not able to access my lone desktop version. But we share a budget and accounts so without web access it is an info/receipt/data transfer red-alpha, plus now I'm not able to "spread the love (effort)" of transaction entry to those (finally well-trained!) family members who are the ones making the transactions and needing to stay engaged and on top of our family finances.

No, it's not the end of the world, but it's enough of a PITA that it was worth it (for me anyway) to look at other non-Quicken options that had web access...

Suuuuuure wish the Quicken Web feature - that all of us paid for in good faith - wasn't inop for the past almost 2 months & counting...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Rip-San Yep, that make sense.  Personally I have too much fear of it corrupting my data file to ever use it.
    Signature:
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    > @Gerald A Odom said:
    > Hey. Anything new on this problem?
    >

No, not yet.
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Any news?
  • Dave Brandman
    Dave Brandman Member ✭✭
    Well, it's been over 2 months now, and USAA and Quicken are still a joke. Any number of times I have deactivated and then reactivated USAA (NEW), get the same special tokens from USAA each time.
    1) My USAA VISA account on Windows connects fine, but I am still getting double entries
    2) My USAA Checking account does not connect with Quicken at all
    3) My Quicken Mobile and On the Web will not sync with USAA. Get a CC-501 when trying to add Quicken to my Mobile sync (and I am using Direct Connect).
  • rodmar1
    rodmar1 Member ✭✭
    These issues are getting old. It would seem there should be a response from Quicken regarding how these problems are being addressed and then regular updates. The problem with a lack of information is that people will fill the void with opinions and rumors; none of which is helpful.
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    150% agree with @Rip-San No response from Quicken Support. I use Quicken for the same reasons stated by San. I am up for renewal, so I will not renew Quicken. Terrible support. Btw, I had called support twice and they always want to go back to a backup and restore to your current dataset, even though, this issue was mentioned to them. I allowed them to do this once and it did nothing to fix this issue, which was expected, I had to go back and redo all changes from the restored date to the current date!
  • orion1950
    orion1950 Member
    USAA points the blame on a Quicken update that started this whole mess. C'mon Quicken - get this fixed! Talk to each other.
  • QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭
    I spoke to USAA and they also said this was a Quicken issue.
  • Rip-San
    Rip-San Member ✭✭
    Hey Quicken folks, this has been an issue since the end of January - 10 weeks - and now we're not getting any updates. What gives?
    Seems like it is either:
    1) Unfixable, or
    2) Not a priority

If #1 unfixable, a response would be nice so we can know that info & all move forward.
    If #2 not a priority, how long do you expect us all to continue waiting in the dark for the fix to suddenly appear? Another month? 6 months? Maybe a year?

We're all adults here & can handle either case - but to not respond/update us and instead just ignore the USAA sector of your customer base seems "unsat" to say the least...

Thanks & really hoping for a quick resolution,
    Rip-san
  • Jake A
    Jake A Member
    This use to work but now Quicken won't sync on USAA accounts so that I can use them for mobile access. I've reset with USAA-new but nothing seems to work.
  • 11dp20
    11dp20 Member ✭✭
    Has there been any update on this issue?
  • Boilers2000
    Boilers2000 Member ✭✭
    No, and unless I missed it I find it disappointing that it wasn't on their known issues list. I've been a user of quicken for a long time, but this issue and their failure to address the issue of budgeting by tags (claiming such nonsense as double counting) is really grating on me enough. Right now, historical data is the only thing so far keeping me from jumping ship.
  • Boilers2000
    Boilers2000 Member ✭✭
    After a LOT of trial and error; I think I finally found a set of steps that worked for me (so far, time will tell but I haven't gotten any errors and I believe I identified where it was hanging up. Try these steps and let me know if it works for you all. I hope it does:

1. Remove all USAA Accounts from Mobile Sync in Quicken
    2. Turn off Mobile Sync (this may not be necessary but I did)
    3. Deactivate all USAA Accounts from Direct Connect
    4. For each account, remove the Financial Institution AND the account number
    5. Do a One Step Update
    6. Close and Re-Open Quicken
    7. Re-activate mobile sync and add back in any USAA accounts you want; at this point they should be in the likely larger list of accounts that are not associated with any institution either by name or Direct Connect
    8. Go through the process of re-linking your USAA accounts with your Access ID and Pin. Mine stayed the same but I go through the process of allowing Quicken again just to reset the USAA side as well.
    9. All accounts should now be linked and your USAA accounts on mobile should sync without error.

What I think is happening with the mobile sync is that it is still remembering the old USAA (designated with the zzz) in the mobile app. Every time I would do any other set of steps, the mobile app would continue to say there is an issue and would reference that version of USAA. While it appeared it should have been pointing to the new connection, the mobile sync was in fact using your new Access ID and Pin to connect via the old method and we have to trick it into forgetting that.

If this changes and it goes back to breaking again, I'll reply, but for the first time I'm hopeful as I didn't get a CC-501 error and no other errors or warnings in the desktop, web, or app.
  • EMacUSCom
    EMacUSCom Member ✭✭✭
    Done, Fixed.

1.- Deactivated USAA account from Online Services from all my USAA Accounts
    2.- Deleted "USAA Federal Savings Bank" as Financial institution (Don't know if this step is necessary).
    3.- Enabled "Mobile and Web Access" to my disconnected USAA Accounts.
    4.- Enabled Online Services on all my USAA Accounts.

Hope this helps.
  • Loren Semrau
    Loren Semrau Unconfirmed ✭✭
    This sort of works.  USAA doesn't appear as an account in mobile or web app.  Mobile and web apps to appear to download anything from USAA.  After one day, I now get an error when doing a mobile sync.  Still need a valid and working fix from Quicken.
  • Tcsteele65
    Tcsteele65 Member
    Turn off sync at the mobile web screen. Look for the 3 bars top right of screen.

Go back to the screen to add accounts to mobile web see if the system will accept the accounts.

It did for me.

Turn on sync and update will run.

My accounts showed up correctly on the app even though the USAA accounts shows error messages.
  • > @Boilers2000 said:
    > After a LOT of trial and error; I think I finally found a set of steps that worked for me (so far, time will tell but I haven't gotten any errors and I believe I identified where it was hanging up. Try these steps and let me know if it works for you all. I hope it does:
    >
    > 1. Remove all USAA Accounts from Mobile Sync in Quicken
    > 2. Turn off Mobile Sync (this may not be necessary but I did)
    > 3. Deactivate all USAA Accounts from Direct Connect
    > 4. For each account, remove the Financial Institution AND the account number
    > 5. Do a One Step Update
    > 6. Close and Re-Open Quicken
    > 7. Re-activate mobile sync and add back in any USAA accounts you want; at this point they should be in the likely larger list of accounts that are not associated with any institution either by name or Direct Connect
    > 8. Go through the process of re-linking your USAA accounts with your Access ID and Pin. Mine stayed the same but I go through the process of allowing Quicken again just to reset the USAA side as well.
    > 9. All accounts should now be linked and your USAA accounts on mobile should sync without error.
    >
    > What I think is happening with the mobile sync is that it is still remembering the old USAA (designated with the zzz) in the mobile app. Every time I would do any other set of steps, the mobile app would continue to say there is an issue and would reference that version of USAA. While it appeared it should have been pointing to the new connection, the mobile sync was in fact using your new Access ID and Pin to connect via the old method and we have to trick it into forgetting that.
    >
    > If this changes and it goes back to breaking again, I'll reply, but for the first time I'm hopeful as I didn't get a CC-501 error and no other errors or warnings in the desktop, web, or app.

@Boilers2000, these steps worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing.
  • Loren Semrau
    Loren Semrau Unconfirmed ✭✭
    This seems to have fixed the sync errors for USAA accounts in the mobile app.  Thanks Zack!
This discussion has been closed.