Why is a payee mini report showing different results depending on which transaction I launch it from

A strange issue that seems like a bug:
I have a payee (name of an llc for real estate investment) that is written exactly the same for each relevant transaction. Some transactions are transfers between my bank account and the investment account I created for the property, and other transactions are distributions (just income from the llc)

If I launch a payee report by right clicking on one of the distribution transactions in the register, and then choose "All Dates", I see all the transactions for that payee, including the transfers

However, if I launch the payee report by right clicking on the payee name in a transfer transaction, and do the same filtering for "all dates", I only see the transfers and not the distributions.

I thought perhaps the payee wasn't written exactly the same for each type of transaction, but A) I see it is, and B) everything shows up when I launch the report from the distribution transaction.

Any thoughts???

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @harry askenazi

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Please take a moment to navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release that you are running?

What is the name of the category on the transfer transactions? Does it have a name or the account in brackets?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka 

~~~***~~~
  • harry askenazi
    harry askenazi Member ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Hi
    As mentioned, yes the transfer is an account with brackets (thought that's the only way to make a transfer).

Version is R31.20 but I see there is an update to R32.10 that I am about to download.