After R32.10 update, I can no longer manually backup my file to external network drive.

Options
Dan Lies
Dan Lies Member ✭✭
I do a manual backup after every 3 and a UNC path to my external network drive. Now when I request a backup I get the message: "Unable to write to drive \:." "File not backed up."
Changing to a mapped network drive gave similar results.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Dan Lies

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what could be causing the issue. There's a chance it could be the the patch itself might not of installed properly so to start off here lets see if we might be able to fix the issue with a mondo patch. I'll leave a link down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're able to get your backups working again. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Dan Lies

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. I'm wondering here what could be causing the issue. There's a chance it could be the the patch itself might not of installed properly so to start off here lets see if we might be able to fix the issue with a mondo patch. I'll leave a link down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're able to get your backups working again. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Dan Lies
    Dan Lies Member ✭✭
    Options
    Backup capability restored. Thanks.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @Dan Lies

Glad to hear it worked for you! If you do run into any other issues please let us know so that we're able to take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.