Projected balances issue

I am in Bills and income--projected balances--checking account only graph. On 4/12 on the graph, I show a little over 6000 dollars on the graph, and in the ledger below. On the day of 4/13, I have scheduled a credit card payment of 362.98. My checking account balance on that graph, and in the ledger drops to -391.38 (that is negative balance--- correct answer is 5,779.28). then a 32.87 comes out. on 4/15--no change on the ledger Nothing else is scheduled to be paid on that day. Can Quicken, no longer subtract correctly??? I am going to remove that credit card payment, then re-enter it, but thought it was a weird glitch.

Best Answer

• Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The triangle just showed that transaction only, the calendar view showed only that transaction also. Everything in my checking account register had cleared. The only pending things were in that ledger on the screenshot. What I found interesting is it did not subtract the $32.87 on 4/15 from the previous entry on 4/13. Also, the 18 time multiple was interesting. My fix was to delete that online biller, all reminders, and to re-enter it from scratch. That fixed the issue. I did send it in as a glitch to Quicken. Thank you for your suggestions. It is still a mystery as to why it happened.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In your Checking register on 4/13, is there another regular (not a reminder) transaction which has already been entered, e.g., a check to pay your taxes?
    This may show as a drop in the chart, but not as a listed item in the view.
    Click the warning triangle on 4/13 in the chart and look at the popup. What does it show (other than warning you of a negative balance)?
    Set your Checking register view to show future reminders 30 days in advance as if they were real register transactions already. Reset the Filters to show all Dates, any Type and all Transactions. Sort the register by Date and you'll see what future dated transactions already exist in the register.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Another location to check is to look at the calendar view.  Sometimes duplicate transactions show up there that are not displayed elsewhere.  It's interesting that the balance change you are showing is exactly 18 times the 362.98 check.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2023

• Susan Brasel
    Susan Brasel Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The triangle just showed that transaction only, the calendar view showed only that transaction also. Everything in my checking account register had cleared. The only pending things were in that ledger on the screenshot. What I found interesting is it did not subtract the $32.87 on 4/15 from the previous entry on 4/13. Also, the 18 time multiple was interesting. My fix was to delete that online biller, all reminders, and to re-enter it from scratch. That fixed the issue. I did send it in as a glitch to Quicken. Thank you for your suggestions. It is still a mystery as to why it happened.
This discussion has been closed.