Navy Federal CU Issue

My wife's NFCU account lost the ability to download transactions last week. It has happened before so I waited a couple of days and tried to reset account. That failed. I disconnected the account and started setup from scratch. After I click the connect button, I get "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)".

That is it, no error code and no amount of effort does anything else. Any ideas?

FYI, my account still works fine.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MGG1959,

When you receive that type of message - the "It's not your fault" message - you will usually need to contact Quicken Support so that they can perform a review of your log files and possibly escalate this in order to resolve it.  When you connect with Quicken Support, make sure to tell them how long you have been receiving this error message.

Here's the 
    LINK to Quicken Support.

Let us know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MGG1959
    MGG1959 Member ✭✭
    Support says it is an ongoing issue with multiple banks. Try again later. :)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Hi again @MGG1959,

That could be true, since a number of financial institutions have been throttling back on their systems due to the flood of stimulus transactions lately.  However, I was just able to update my accounts now, and your account (but not your spouse's) seems to also be working.

You might want to try resetting the account.  Here's how:

1) Backup your Quicken data file, just in case;
    2) Open the account register in Quicken;
    3) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit Account Details";
    4) Click on the "Online Services" tab > click on "Reset Account"

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

[edited to clarify comment]

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• MGG1959
    MGG1959 Member ✭✭
    Already tried reset and re-provision. No luck.
  • DrKGB
    DrKGB Member
    I'm having a similar issue to this. Been going on three days. I have 6 accounts at NFCU that were all connected and working fine. But suddenly I cannot connect to our joint checking account. I have tried reseting it multiple times and restoring from backup, but with no improvement. Reseting goes through the 2-step verification twice (like it always does with NFCU for some unknown reason), but then NOTHING happens. I don't even get an error message. And my logs have no useful clues in them. I'm getting rather fed up because NFCU always seems to have issues. And I'm sorry, but banks throttling stuff due to stimulus checks is just the dumbest excuse I have heard.
  • MGG1959
    MGG1959 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Well, it has almost been a month and no progress. [removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @MGG1959,

Sorry to hear that downloads are still not working.  I assume that the situation hasn't changed - i.e. you can download your NFCU accounts, but not your spouse. 

In thinking through your issue it seems odd that you are being prompted twice for the 2-step authentication.  So, I suggest - rather than using One Step Update, and/or trying to update both your accounts and your spouses in one session - that you perform one download for your accounts, and after that completes, you download only your spouse's accounts.  I would also suggest that you initiate the downloads directly from an account register. 

To do this:
    1) open the register for one of your accounts;
    2) Click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) Select "Update Now" > enter your password in the field and click the "Update Now" button.

You should only receive one request for the 2FA step.  Once your download is complete, repeat the above steps for your spouse by again opening a register for one of her NFCU accounts.

Let me know how this goes.

Frankx

• MGG1959
    MGG1959 Member ✭✭
    I am not downloading both accounts in one session and never stated that I was. I have always updated them separately. Authentication is not the issue either. The problem is that it never retrieves a list of accounts, which is needed since I chose to start over to see if the issue was fixed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MGG1959,

Okay, its been a while and I while you did say the reset I suggested didn't work (sorry for that) I didn't realize you have deactivated the account.  So, you've also said you weren't able to see any accounts, which obviously means that the "connection" isn't working.

I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support and have them work with you to get the account(s) connected.  Here's their LINK.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you.

Frankx

• MGG1959
    MGG1959 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, been there done that and got the standard message. "We have been having some issues, try again later". Later maybe next year or until I get fed up and get new software.