Transaction and Bill Pay Glitches

I have been using Quicken for a VERY long time now and consider myself very adept at what I do with it. Lately there have been major glitches in my transactions. I have my paycheck deposit set up in the bills and income (manual entry) but it keeps skipping to the next date without me entering it. When I enter it manually and close Quicken the next time I go in it has disappeared out of the register. I also voided a transaction and it suddenly showed back up in the register. Other bills I am finding are also skipping to the next due date without me entering them. Fortunately I am catching it and not missing paying the bills on time but I am frustrated beyond belief and starting to think I should cancel my auto renewal and just start using Excel.

Supposedly I have the most recent version: R31.20, Build 27.1.31.20

Help please!

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mathgeek06

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.  It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will let us see what exactly is happening so that we're better to better assist you. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

5:00 am to 5:00 pm PDT

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

Answers

• mathgeek06
    mathgeek06 Member
    Insult to injury - It also turned off my estimate amount and just put a random number in.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mathgeek06,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables. Then, try to Validate your data file in the copied file by following the steps below. However, I do recommend that you also Save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              
    7. Once the newly copied file opens, navigate back to the File menu
    8. Select File Operations
    9. Validate and Repair...
    10. Select Validate file
    11. Click OK
    12. Close the Data Log
    13. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    14. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    You can also try to Super validate the copied file by holding down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard while selecting Validate and Repair... (step 9) which will give you the option to Super validate file instead of Validate file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mathgeek06
    mathgeek06 Member
    Since doing this I am unable to update transactions - Keep getting the following error message shown in the image. I checked on the copied file that I validated, then I tried super validating that copy, then I tried the original file. I am starting to think the subscription was a terrible idea.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update and additional information as well as for providing the screenshot.

Based on the error message you are receiving, next, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in, in an attempt to refresh the registration token which should also refresh your Online Connected Services. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• mathgeek06
    mathgeek06 Member
    Thank you! Things are back up and running with that. I won't know if the validation fixed the other problem for another couple of weeks but fingers crossed. I really appreciate the assistance.
  • Quicken Anja
    @mathgeek06 Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear everything is working as expected right now. :)

-Quicken Anja

• mathgeek06
    mathgeek06 Member
    It was still not correct. I ended up deleting the items that the system kept skipping and re-entering. Won't know if that worked for another couple of weeks. NOW I am having another issue in the bill pay - I have two credit cards that I set up previously as estimate amount due based on current balance and I set it then it changes back to fixed amount. I changed over to the Quicken subscription and all of these things started happening. I am very unhappy with the system at this point.
  • Quicken Anja
    NOW I am having another issue in the bill pay - I have two credit cards that I set up previously as estimate amount due based on current balance and I set it then it changes back to fixed amount. 
    For clarification; are these credit cards linked to Online Billers or are these manual reminders you created yourself?

-Quicken Anja

• mathgeek06
    mathgeek06 Member
    These are manual bills I set up myself and has worked for years until this past week. I tried deleting the bill pay and setting it back up but it still switches to "no estimate." I do NOT want to use the online bill pay as I pay these twice a month not just when the bill comes out.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mathgeek06

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.  It may be best for you to contact Quicken Support and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so. This will let us see what exactly is happening so that we're better to better assist you. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Quicken Phone Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday

Quicken Chat Support Current Hours of Operation:

Monday through Sunday

This discussion has been closed.