Error CC-501 when adding Chevron/Texaco credit card

Options
ae6dx
ae6dx Member ✭✭✭
I'm getting a Error CC-501 when adding Chevron/Texaco credit card.  How do I resolve this?  Has happened several times.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ae6dx

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chervron/Texaco has a new credit card servicer....www.mysynchrony.com. You need to register and set up an account with mysynchorny. Then you can down load transactions using express connect. After logging in you select view transactions. From there you select download transactions. I don't think direct connect is available yet.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @hmday

Thanks for the update. It looks like this was an update that synchrony did to all their cards as well. After you've done this were you able to sign in? You did move card service providers but it might have been also a coincidence with it also looking like they did some server changes as well.

Once you get a chance let me know if you were able to sign in!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I deactivated both JC Penney and Chevron which are both using a new platform called Consumer Center. I was successful with JC Penney but Chevron will not connect. The message coming from Quicken shown below.
    The only thing, a few hours has been two days from the time the Chevron indicated their servers were going live.
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I registered and opened an account with synchrony. I unlinked my chervon account and opened a new account in quicken. At that point i could down load my transactions via webconnect, from the activity page.

My second attempt was to add a new account using the quicken add account feature. I typed in mysynchrony to search for the financial institution. It populated several options, all of which had the "mysynchrony" web address, but no chevron. I selected the first account "guitar center,"  just to see what would happen.  It added my chevron account. I think, if you have a synchrony account, any of them work, since they all have the same web site. This allowed me to use one step update to download the transactions.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @hmday

Thanks for letting us know how you were able to connect. If you do run into any other issues please let us know so we can take another look!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Monte Bliss
    Monte Bliss Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @hmday said:
    My second attempt was to add a new account using the quicken add account feature. I typed in mysynchrony to search for the financial institution. It populated several options, all of which had the "mysynchrony" web address, but no chevron. I selected the first account "guitar center,"  just to see what would happen. 

Your a genius. I was able to to take my decades old Chevron account and wipe out the financial information under the account details and have it prompt me for the search of new sites. It worked. Thanks to you, I am now rocking out with my new Guitar Center Credit Card. haha
  • Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I have two cards that have gone to mysynchrony. Pay attention to the card numbers when you link, since the new Chevron card number will be different.
  • merlin309
    merlin309 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Guess I now have a Guitar Center account :smiley: Thanks for finding the work-around.
    Seems like the Chevron card hasn't been updated in Quicken to point to mysynchrony yet...
  • ae6dx
    ae6dx Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That worked for me as well.   Thanks.
  • kathy234311
    kathy234311 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You are indeed a genius! I was able to connect both my Chevron and Union 76 credit cards to Synchrony Bank, since they moved there (from Drivesavvy.com) in mid-March 2021. Synchrony uses a single log-in for any credit cards managed by them, so using one for a different credit card like Guitar Center works.

When I tried to connect my Chevron account to Express Web Connect, Quicken insisted on sending me to the old web location. When I tried to connect my Union 76 account, it couldn't even find a location to send me to.

The only problem is that the financial institution for each one now says "Guitar Center Credit Card," and that isn't user editable. Quicken manages this much better for, say, Chase credit cards, where it recognizes the single log-in site for various cards. They definitely need to fix this! I'm going to submit a support ticket.

Thank you!!!
  • hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    still no options for mysynchrony chevron accounts!
  • gseelhorst
    gseelhorst Member
    Options
    After entering 'mysynchrony', select the GEOnlineService.com option. This should have a hyperlink showing of "www.mysynchrony.com". I think this is because MySynchrony was previously GE Loans.
This discussion has been closed.