My download account detail passwords have disappeared, prev solution not feasible

JamesH
JamesH Member
Quicken asks me to enter the passwords, but will not accept them; just asking again to enter them. A previous suggestion was to reload a backup. I am way past too many transactions for that to be a reasonable solution. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @JamesH

Thanks for the additional information.

Based on your responses, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.  They have additional tools that can help diagnose what is happening with your data file.

Please let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JamesH,

If you can give us some additional information, that will help us to assist you, if possible.

Please tell us:

• What exactly happens - step by step?
    • Do you receive any error codes?
    • How many accounts are affected; are ALL your connected accounts having this issue?
    • How does each affected account "connect" (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?
    • What have you tried, so far, to fix this?
    • Do you use Q Mobile or Q on the Web?  
    • Which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you running?

The more info, the better chance we'll be able to help you.  Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• JamesH
    JamesH Member
    It happens whether I try to download for one account from the account stream or whether I try to download from One Step update.
    1) Then comes up a window asking for the password (for a single account) or the whole list of accounts asking for passwords for each account with box(es) to enter the password.
    2) Then I put the password in, hit enter, and a window pops up saying you need to enter a password for this account (no place to enter password on this window and no error code)
    3) After closing that window, I am right back to the enter password box item 1) above
    There is no way out and it never tries to download.
    No error codes
    It is for all accounts
    They are all direct connect
    Do not use Q
    Windows 10
    Quicken V R32.10 Build 27.1.32.10
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @JamesH

Thanks for the additional information.

Based on your responses, I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.  They have additional tools that can help diagnose what is happening with your data file.

Please let us know how that goes.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.