Can I make a change in the "Action" column for hundreds of duplicate Payees? (Q Mac)

Options
Years ago I chose the wrong "Action" for a payee, now I have hundreds of duplicate payees with the wrongs "Action". Is there anyway to change to "Action" entry from "Fee" to "Margin Int" on hundreds of duplicate payees?
Thanks for your help
Stowell

Best Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't batch change the action column like you can certain other fields such as Payee, Category, Tags, etc.

In the Actions list (Window menu), you could rename the "Fee" action to "Margin Int", but that would rename it everywhere and for every transaction. I don't know if that would have undesirable results as a consequence if you have other transactions that legitimately use Fee as an Action item.
  • scwerden
    scwerden Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your answer - thought of that and would agree that changing in Actions list would not work, so I will leave it alone.
    S

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can't batch change the action column like you can certain other fields such as Payee, Category, Tags, etc.

In the Actions list (Window menu), you could rename the "Fee" action to "Margin Int", but that would rename it everywhere and for every transaction. I don't know if that would have undesirable results as a consequence if you have other transactions that legitimately use Fee as an Action item.
  • scwerden
    scwerden Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your answer - thought of that and would agree that changing in Actions list would not work, so I will leave it alone.
    S
This discussion has been closed.