Can I do my income tax with Quicken?

shouse
shouse Member ✭✭
Just wondering if Quicken has a built in income tax program other than Turbo Tax.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @shouse,

The short answer is "no".

The Quicken application has tax planning features, and you can prepare a report in Quicken of certain tax categories, or line items.  But Quicken does not have the capability to prepare tax returns.  And actually, Quicken can only "export" data that can be "imported" into turbo tax, it doesn't have a tax preparation program as part of its functions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi shouse,
    You can find the features Frankx was referring to under the "Planning" tab > Tax Center. On that page you can find the Tax Planner, Planning Tools, Tax Tools, & Reports.  Post back if you need more. 

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    BUT.... you have to be careful and really review the data and numbers to make sure that Quicken has interpreted your entered transactions in various Quicken Accounts - correctly - and that each transaction has a Category, and that Category is correctly reflected in the relative Quicken Tax Line Item.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.