Can I safely uninstall old Intuit Quicken versions?

I now have a Quicken Windows subscription. However, I still have old Intuit Quicken versions 2009, 2011, 2014, and 2016 installed on my computer. Can safely uninstall the old versions? Any recommendations how to do so?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That should not happen. Whenever Quicken installs or upgrades it begins by uninstalling the prior version. You can easily download the current Quicken installer from your Quicken account, so yes you should uninstall all prior versions. Your data files are never removed.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use QCleanUI to remove all versions of Quicken and then reinstall the latest. As @GeoffG posted, your data file will not be removed nut a backup can't hurt.

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ptar
    Ptar Member
    Thanks everyone. I used Revo Uninstall to remove the remnants of the old versions (after a back up, of course). I confirmed that the registry entries for the old versions were different from the current version, then used Revo to delete all of the old registry entries. The Quicken ProgramData and Program Files (x86) folders of all the old & current versions had been combined. It looked like a big job to figure out which files and folders I could delete. So relabeled the each of the quicken folders then did a clean re-install. Once I confirmed that the new install was working properly, I dumped the old renamed folders and their contents. All is well. Thank you. Pete.