Bank Of America Direct Connect Issues Trying to Re-Add account
So I have an account that has had direct connect for years. I was getting errors when I tried a one step update like 3 weeks ago so I deactivated online access for the account and tried to re-activate it. I have tried daily for the last three weeks to re-activate the account but Quicken just gives me a connection error message every day. I went on chat with Quicken support and they keep telling me there is a server problem at BOA and it won't let the Quicken servers access the accounts. Meanwhile, I have other accounts at BOA in Quicken that have been working fine with Direct Connect. I just can't re-activate this one account with a different login. Finally after two hours on chat with Quicken support today they tell me that BOA disabled Direct Connect. But the error message from Quicken says nothing about that - it just says "connection error" or something to that effect. In fact, I know from the forums here that BOA only disabled Direct Connect for new accounts, not those that had it in the past. But if I go to the Online Services tab for the account in Quicken, it says "Your Financial Institution offers an improved connection method" (assuming it means Direct Connect) which it does not. But if you try it, all you get is a connection error - a totally misleading error that has kept me trying to re-enable this account for 3 weeks. Quicken needs to fix this error message to be more helpful. I am going to try to call BOA to see if they can re-enable Direct Connect for these accounts. I can't believe it took the Quicken tech 2 hours to figure out this was a known issue with BOA.
This discussion has been closed.