Restarting Old Investment Accounts

Options
I have three Schwab investments accounts from years ago set up in Quicken. I stopped using Quicken for investment tracking in 2012 because everything was so inaccurate and it was useless. These accounts still show the transactions and balances from years ago.

I'd like to try using Quicken again for investment tracking. If I delete these accounts to start over, I will have years of transfers from those account numbers into my checking account registers indicating money was moved into them. So, what's the best way to proceed (if there is a way) that won't mess up my checking account registers and will download all new current investment transactions? Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I would would just create new accounts in Quicken and link these new accounts to your Schwab accounts for downloading.  It will only download a certain amount of history, although for Schwab I am not sure how much. It’s very doubtful it will go back to 2012 though. 
  • Patzee21
    Patzee21 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you!

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would would just create new accounts in Quicken and link these new accounts to your Schwab accounts for downloading.  It will only download a certain amount of history, although for Schwab I am not sure how much. It’s very doubtful it will go back to 2012 though. 
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Patzee21
    Patzee21 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thank you!