Report mixed up positive and negative value when they should be separated

Options
andred
andred Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Hello,
I am preparing my tax reports and I have created in Quicken a report to have the details of my expenses for the drugs.
Each month when I renew my medications, I enter the information in a Quicken transaction.
• I have a category for the gross cost of the drug from the pharmacy, the positive amount.
• I have another category for the amount reimbursed by the insurance, the negative amount.
When I run the report and do a subtotal by category, I realize that several negative amounts are mixed up with the positive category. And the reverse is true.

For sure, the totals for each category are wrong. I exported the report to Excel, where I was able to separate the positive amounts from the negative amounts, and the totals are completely different from what Quicken gives me.

Here is an excerpt from the report.
This first print screen shows the category 4134 Médicaments André, i.e. the gross amount charged by the pharmacy. Normally in this first section of the report, I should see only the gross amounts, that is, only those in red.

This second print screen, shows category 41341 Drugs André paid by the insurance, ie the amount deducted from the gross amount. Normally in this second section of the report, I should see only the amounts paid by insurance, that is, only those in black.

Of course, the totals displayed in the report are false.
Do you have any idea what could create this kind of problem?

Thank you
André Deschênes

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @andred

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. Have you had this issue previously had this issue as well or is this the first time it's happened? Are you able to replicate this issue as well if you try another report or remaking the report itself as well? I'm wondering what report are you using as well? This will give us a better idea of what's going on and what we can try to solve the issue you're having.

Once you get the chance please let us know more and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.