How to see which investment account has Cash to invest

Options
Hi
I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020.
When I am looking at the Asset Allocation in the Investing module, I want to drill down to Cash to see which account has the cash available.
When I do it, it drills down but does not show any account (when in fact the cash available is distributed in different account).
It this a bug?
How can I see which account has cash available in a report or view?
Thank.

Best Answer

• rickpwilson
    rickpwilson Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can create a report for this:
    Select the Account Balances Report from the Net Worth and Balances heading from the Quicken Standard Reports
    Customize the report and select all the Investment Accounts you want to report on.
    Customize the Securities Tab, clear all securities other than "No Security (Includes cash)
    Set the date range to Include All Dates.

That should give you a list of all Investment Accounts cash balance.

Answers

• gooddog50
    gooddog50 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi Miguel,
    Let me confess my ignorance of the Canadian Windows version up front. But, do you have an investing tab that has your portfolio accounts? If you  do, choose the Portfolio tab and you can use the drop down menu to select Value (for example).
    At least on the U.S. version, that exposes each and every account to the residual cash in each account.
    If your version is considerably different, my apologies.  I'm sure one of the moderators or wizards on this forum will be able to assist. 
    Good luck,

Quicken since Andrew Tobias "Managing Your Money" V-12 (DOS)
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Core i7 
    Quicken Premier Subscription
  • rickpwilson
    rickpwilson Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can create a report for this:
    Select the Account Balances Report from the Net Worth and Balances heading from the Quicken Standard Reports
    Customize the report and select all the Investment Accounts you want to report on.
    Customize the Securities Tab, clear all securities other than "No Security (Includes cash)
    Set the date range to Include All Dates.

That should give you a list of all Investment Accounts cash balance.
  • Miguel
    Miguel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all..
This discussion has been closed.