Quicken US subscription fails to initialize with release 31.5 and later

Ever since update 31.5 Quicken hangs at the final "data conversion" screen. Tech support had me return to 30.21 and it works. Haven't been able to do a successful update since 30.21.

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @COB

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is odd that this happens each time you try updating the program. I'm wondering here what all did you try with support to get the program updated. Did you also try loading a backup to see if you're able to get that to open with the updated version. Did you try copy validating the file then updating as well? I'm wondering if it's potentially the program freezing or if it's the file itself that's preventing the you from being able to update. In any case let us know more about the troubleshooting you did with support and we'll see what we're able to recommend next to try fixing the issue you're having.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• COB
    COB Member
    Thank you for your assistance. For the record, I’ve been a Quicken user for 20 years. This particular problem showed up with the release of update 31.5. Tech support had me go through all the steps to uninstall/reinstall Quicken and try various backup data files. After much head scratching, finally had me reinstall the 30.21 patch, and everybody was happy and relieved. I have now been able to recreate the problem on two other laptops, using fresh or updated versions of Quicken, with all of the subsequent updates that I’ve tried. Same solution…reinstall 30.21. My data files validate/super validate without errors, but the issue definitely seems to be an incompatibility between my data files and any updates subsequent to 30.21.
    The problem demonstrates this way: starting Quicken after an update, a white screen comes up with File and Help in the upper left corner. In the middle of the white screen is a horizontal progress box that shows green moving left to right. “Performing final conversion steps”. With only a small piece of white still showing, the program hangs indefinitely. Breaking out of the program results in the message “Windows Quicken is not responding”. As above, reinstalling the 30.21 update solves the problem, and Quicken continues to function without issue.
    Thank you.
    COB
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    @cobbersmom

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,

-Quicken Francisco