how do i change the order in which accounts are listed on a net worth report?

BPOLSTER
BPOLSTER Member
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
the accounts listed on my net worth report are in a random fashion. how can I change the order in which the accounts are presented?

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Frankly, I think you would be better off exporting it to Excel and changing it there.  Then you can get it exactly the way you want.  

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they alphabetical?  You can edit the name so they get listed in the order you want.  Like maybe add a number to the front of the name.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't really change the order of the accounts.  However, they are not in random order.  They are actually sorted by the type of account and then alphabetical within the type.  For example first is checking, then savings then cash.  Within each of these the accounts are alphabetical.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't really change the order of the accounts.  However, they are not in random order.  They are actually sorted by the type of account and then alphabetical within the type.  For example first is checking, then savings then cash.  Within each of these the accounts are alphabetical.
  • BPOLSTER
    BPOLSTER Member
    thank you volvogirl. they are not alphabetical. I need them to be in a different order than alphabetical. I thought about adding a number but I need to send to the bank and was hoping for a different way than adding the number. prefer to be able to create standard report format.
  • BPOLSTER
    BPOLSTER Member
    thank you bmciance. i will see if i can change the account type to get them closer to what i need.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Frankly, I think you would be better off exporting it to Excel and changing it there.  Then you can get it exactly the way you want.  
  • BPOLSTER
    BPOLSTER Member
    Good point. thanks.
This discussion has been closed.