One Step Update Not Working

One step update is not working for Ally Bank, Southland Credit Union, CitiBank or Chase Bank. Any solutions? It does update my investment accounts. It says complete but there is a red dot next to each account and no downloads are showing.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Doug Poindexter

Can you tell me the "connection method" that each account (that doesn't download properly) is using?  To find that information - hold down the F4 key while going to "Help" > "About Quicken".

If the method is "QCS" - click "Change Channel".  Then close out of Quicken, and restart Quicken,  Then try updating the affected accounts.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Doug Poindexter

Can you tell us when this started and whether it started for all accounts at the same time?  Also when was the last time downloads worked for these accounts and have you gone online to the websites to see if there have been recent transactions since the last downloads?  And which versions of both Quicken and Windows are you currently running?

Get back to us and we'll go from there/

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• They all happened at the same time. Maybe 2 days ago. Tonight I deactivated all problem accounts and reactivated all and they seem to be working but until I see a downloaded transaction I won’t be sure.
  • Windows 10. Quicken Home & Business with all of the latest updates. I can access all accounts online.
  • DisplacedHoosier
    DisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭✭✭
    I also believe there is something wrong in the display of OSU results. After completing an and receiving "error" messages on a couple of accounts the OSU Summary screen only shows a few accounts (My Direct Connect accounts) and all show that the process was successful. The error is not represented on the Summary screen as it has been in the past.

The headers on many registers also no longer displays Last Downloaded date updates as well.

The OSU process as a whole is seriously screwed up.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Doug Poindexter

Okay - thanks for the information.  Keep checking the accounts via the web to see if there re missing transactions that are not downloading into Quicken.  Keep us posted.

Frankx

• There are transactions from yesterday that are not showing up in Quicken but do show online at bank.
  • Doug Poindexter
    Doug Poindexter Member ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    There are still transactions from 2/1 and before that are not being downloaded. I can and did download them manually from the bank's website and got them entered but obviously One Step Update is not working properly.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Doug Poindexter

Can you tell me the "connection method" that each account (that doesn't download properly) is using?  To find that information - hold down the F4 key while going to "Help" > "About Quicken".

If the method is "QCS" - click "Change Channel".  Then close out of Quicken, and restart Quicken,  Then try updating the affected accounts.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• So far with the change of the channel, all appears to be working properly.

Thanks!
  • Stephen Roe
    Stephen Roe Member
    One step update is not working for my investment accounts etrade, vanguard and fidelity.