Risk of Overdraft Warning - Unable to change Account

Options
On the Home/My Money screen the Risk of Overdraft Warning appears in the Stay on Top of Monthly Bills view. Drilling into this it shows the Projected Balances screen. One account in Multiple Accounts is flagged. Changing this account to my Checking Account or selecting the Checking Account directly fails to modify the Risk of Overdraft Warning. It appears that this Warning is permanently tagged to the one account and I can't modify it.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    bighorn77 said:
    I may be misinterpreting this Warning Banner. The account that appears in "Projected Balances" is a Utility account with Budget Billing. The account will go negative during some periods during the year based on actual usage and the budgeted monthly payment.

I now believe the feature, "Risk of Overdraft" is functioning correctly as it's recognizing a Negative Amount in this account.
    I think I have a solution for you, to make "Risk of Overdraft" go away for this Billing account.
    The "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills" view looks at all Spending accounts.
    Go into Edit Account Details / Display Options tab for this Billing account and change "Account Intent" from Spending to Asset.
    This makes the account drop down from the Banking accounts in the Account Bar to the Property & Debt group. It also makes it ineligible for "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills".

Answers

• Quicken Diana
    Options

Hello@bighorn77

Thank you for posting in the Community today though I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Would you be able to post a screenshot of this banner? Have you had the specific account connected for some time and the banner has recently presented itself or is this a newly added account? Please also let us know what version and build number you are using (HELP > ABOUT QUICKEN).

Any additional details you can think to add will be helpful.

Thank you

Quicken Diana

• bighorn77
    bighorn77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Premier Ver R32.12, Build 27.1.32.12 - Not a new account - banner has been appearing for sometime in the "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills" view in the HOME tab.

Drilling into the Banner "Risk of Overdraft" takes you to "Projected Balances" view. Selected Accounts is "Multiple Accounts" with one account flagged not the account I want to monitor. Unchecking this account and selecting the desired account then Closing the window fails, i.e. it will not update the selected account and remains locked to the "Multiple Account" choice with the original account.
  • bighorn77
    bighorn77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I may be misinterpreting this Warning Banner. The account that appears in "Projected Balances" is a Utility account with Budget Billing. The account will go negative during some periods during the year based on actual usage and the budgeted monthly payment.

I now believe the feature, "Risk of Overdraft" is functioning correctly as it's recognizing a Negative Amount in this account.
  • TXMike
    TXMike Member
    Options
    How does one change what account(s) are being considered? If I click into the settings on it and pick a different account, when I close it it does not retain what I chose.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    bighorn77 said:

I think I have a solution for you, to make "Risk of Overdraft" go away for this Billing account.
    The "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills" view looks at all Spending accounts.
    Go into Edit Account Details / Display Options tab for this Billing account and change "Account Intent" from Spending to Asset.
    This makes the account drop down from the Banking accounts in the Account Bar to the Property & Debt group. It also makes it ineligible for "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills".

• bighorn77
    bighorn77 Member ✭✭
    Options
    UKR - Your suggested workaround resolves the Warning "Risk of Overdraft" on this Utility Budget Billing account. Thanks for the suggestion as it will work for me.
  • mrmeyer
    mrmeyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > I think I have a solution for you, to make "Risk of Overdraft" go away for this Billing account.
    > The "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills" view looks at all Spending accounts.
    > Go into Edit Account Details / Display Options tab for this Billing account and change "Account Intent" from Spending to Asset.
    > This makes the account drop down from the Banking accounts in the Account Bar to the Property & Debt group. It also makes it ineligible for "Stay on Top of Monthly Bills".

That worked. It was looking at a Paypal account which is always $0. I pay something, Paypal goes negative, then replenishes from my checking. I was always seeing "risk of overdraft" and unable to display any account except Paypal.

This solved it.
This discussion has been closed.