Any Success Running Quicken Windows With Codeweaver's CrossOver - on M1 Mac

Options
jfclague
jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
I am considering purchasing a Mac with the new M1 and want to know if anyone has been able to run Quicken for Windows with Codeweaver's CrossOver. Codeweaver says it will run but want to check if anyone has had success.

I currently run Quicken Windows with Parallels and I know Parallels is working on a solution but just want to verify before purchasing the new M1 Mac.

Thanks
Jim

Comments

• ladietechie
    ladietechie Member
    Options
    I don't know about CrossOver, but Parallels just announced their version 16 runs on the M1 chip with the latest update. Quicken support didn't give a definitive answer, since it is third party software. I may try it and see....Quicken is the only Windows program I use with Parallels.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know about CrossOver, but Parallels just announced their version 16 runs on the M1 chip with the latest update. Quicken support didn't give a definitive answer, since it is third party software. I may try it and see....Quicken is the only Windows program I use with Parallels.
    Please update what your experience is with it. I am planning on trying it out this summer/fall.

Thanks
  • WITELITE
    WITELITE Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was able to load and run it on an M1 Mac mini without issue. I've also tested it on Bog Sur and an intel Mac. So far so good and good news as VMware Fusion does not look to support M1 anytime soon.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options
    WITELITE said:
    I was able to load and run it on an M1 Mac mini without issue. I've also tested it on Bog Sur and an intel Mac. So far so good and good news as VMware Fusion does not look to support M1 anytime soon.
    So you were able to run Quicken for Windows thru Parallels or Crossover on the M1, just want to verify that is what is working?
  • Mark248
    Mark248 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Since it is now almost nine months since last post, can anyone update current, or near future, state of the art for running Quicken Windows on Apple silicon M1 either using Parallels (which still has the limitation I believe of requiring Windows Insider Preview ARM not fully supported), and also the possible option of using Crossover Wine by Codeweavers.VMWare Fusion also has a preview version as well.
    I have concerns about bugs and stability of QickenWindows on either of these three platforms (VMware Fusion, Parallels, Crossover). Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this?

I am a longtime QW user using an old Intel Mac with VM Fusion-Windows 10, and my hardware is nearing end of life and I need to make a purchase decision very soon! Thank you!
  • tcolyer
    tcolyer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Crossover 22.1 does run QW 2022 almost flawlessly.
  • Mark248
    Mark248 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Tcolyer, when you say ALMOST flawlessly, what glitches have you noticed? Are you using Apple M1 or M2?
  • yamaijia
    yamaijia Member
    Options

A late comment on this topic, but I've used Quicken Windows on both parallels and crossover and the verdict is that it works better on parallels.

Works better doesn't necessarily mean it works great, it's more like parallels is more acceptable over CrossOver.

When I use CrossOver to run it, scrolling has a delay, while on the other hand Parallels delay is very minimal that you may not notice too much. What both has the same is the lag. I'm not sure how to compare data size here but my save file is only approx. 6MB, but you will notice lags when scrolling or whatever you do, possibly from the fact that the Windows is still 32 bit (I believe).

If someone can get a better result using CrossOver do let me know. I've been trying to use CrossOver more but it isn't as a efficient as Parallels.

• Mark248
    Mark248 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the insight. I have discovered a shareware called UTM which has been working amazingly well to run Quicken on Windows 11 Home ARM on Mac OS Sonoma 14.1 on an M2 chip on my Mac Mini.

• jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you run any other programs other than Quicken, just wondering if other programs work well too.

• Mark248
    Mark248 Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry, I have only tried Quicken windows.