When I hit the "enter" key after a transaction why do I not get the cash register sound?

Options
In just the last few days I have not been getting the cash register sound after entering a transaction. Nothing has been muted that I can tell.

Answers

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Options
    Hi @rg313320,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would suggest making sure the Quicken sounds are turned on. You can verify this by going up to Edit Preferences > Setup > check the box for Turn on Quicken sounds

Once you've made the change, hit OK. Then close and relaunch Quicken and attempt to enter a transaction.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Sounds (Windows only. Mac has no sounds)

1) Make sure that the speakers are turned on and the volume is somewhat up (not all the way down) and not muted.
    2) In Quicken ensure that in Edit / Preferences / Setup "Turn on Quicken Sounds" has a checkmark. Restart Quicken if you had to make a change.
    3) Make sure that in Control Panel / Sound / Sounds tab the active Sound Scheme still contains the Quicken sound files. If the sound scheme was improperly modified by some other software (or Windows) update, find a different sound scheme which contains the Quicken sounds and make that the active sound scheme.