Online Biller Delete

Options
I've read thru and tried to delete a old biller (it changed it's name due to a merger). I cannot get the job done by the instructions I found on the Community Help pages.
Windows 10; Q R32.12; build 27.1.32.12. Attached are the screen grabs. I've tried to validate the biller; delete the biller; each time it says there's a payment pending Stopping the removal. I can't find any payment due anywhere even on the billers new website.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Rich Stubby

Thanks for the update. That is quite a confusing situation. I think in this case it'd be best to contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. They'll be better able to assist in finding out what exactly is happening. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.  

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Options

Hello @Rich Stubby

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having.  It sounds like inside of the register itself there may be a transaction that is stuck in a pending stage. You can double check by going to your payment register and looking up the payee. From there see if in the status column if you're able to find a pending transaction. If you are I'll leave an article down below on how to delete the transaction. You will need to add it back manually so I would recommend creating a duplicate of the transaction prior to deleting it.

https://www.quicken.com/support/cannot-delete-online-payment-or-payee

Once you've had a chance to try this let us know if you're able to get it deleted. If not we'll see what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Rich Stubby
    Rich Stubby Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, perhaps some explanation here may help. I do not have any billers I'm making payment or printing checks on at this time. I do have the conversion of TIME Warner to Spectrum which is where the company merged changing names on me. I do have a payment due for Spectrum but it is NOT named Time Warner (could it be mixed up with the new account name?). If it is would I need to remove SPECTRUM reminders under bill pay to clear this? Advice would be helpful.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Options
    @Rich Stubby

Thanks for the update. That could potentially be the new case but it's a bit difficult to tell. I would try it out to see if that might be the case since there's some correlation. I would also recommend creating a duplicate of the transaction so you're able to keep the register correctly.

Once you get the chance let us know and we'll see if that works. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Rich Stubby
    Rich Stubby Member ✭✭
    Options
    Franciso: If you work for Quicken I would give full support to include 'confidential' financial records to get to the bottom of this. (i.e., file a report and attach my files). It's been there since Time Warner sold out to Spectrum so I believe that's how it all started. I had a bill sent via Time Warner cable but they don't exist any longer it's assumed by Spectrum with a new website. As for the transaction, I assume it looks just like the Spectrum Cable one but with a Time Warner payee instead of Spectrum. So to what extent do I create this transaction? I already have a Spectrum transaction in my Bill Pay (or did once; I think I deleted it thinking that was the reason I couldn't delete the Time Warner one).
    Right now if I were to call it a problem: I'd describe it as a GHOST Bill Payer left over from a merger. May 2016 was their merger date.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Rich Stubby

Thanks for the update. That is quite a confusing situation. I think in this case it'd be best to contacting Quicken Support via chat or phone and sharing your screen with one of our support reps, if you feel comfortable doing so, to have the matter looked at and hopefully fixed promptly. They'll be better able to assist in finding out what exactly is happening. I'll leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.  

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.