Net Worth report does not show historic values

Options
Mikesalino
Mikesalino Member ✭✭
Neither the Net Worth or account values report show any historic values either on the report or the graph. It's been like this for some time. A couple of weeks ago it fixed itself but now it is not working again

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Mikesalino

I suggest that you perform a Validate & Repair" on your Quicken data file.  Here are the steps:

Before starting the Validate & Repair process, you should copy your current data file within Quicken, and use that copied file in the validation process.

The Copy steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Copy...”

2)    In the Pop-Up make sure all info is correct and all boxes are checked, then click “OK”.

3)    If the “Copy” process fails, it would likely be caused by a corrupt file. You can then try to bypass the corruption by holding down both the “Ctrl” and “Shift” Keys while performing step 1) immediately above.

4)    If you are asked "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click on "Yes".  (However you should know that doing this could cause data to be deleted.)

The “Validate & Repair” File steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Validate and Repair...”

2)    Make sure that the “File to validate and repair” is the new Copy you made above.

3)    Read the “warnings” and check the boxes accordingly.  (I suggest you click” “Validate file”, “Rebuild investing lots”, “Correct investing price history” and “Repair”)

4)    Click “OK”

Once the Validate & Repair process finishes, review the output and correct any reported errors that the process did not repair.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @Mikesalino

What time frame are you trying to see in the Net Worth report?  have you made a selection in the "Interval" drop down menu?

Frankx 

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Mikesalino
    Mikesalino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi

Yes I have made a number of different selections on both interval and time period.

I have a saved report set for "last 12 months" at 1 month intervals. It used to work perfectly but several months ago it stopped working. I checked about 3 weeks ago and it worked okay, but I checked again today and it's stopped working. Only the current date figures are present with everything else showing zeroes.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suggest you try recreating that report as sometimes saved reports get corrupted.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Mikesalino

I suggest that you perform a Validate & Repair" on your Quicken data file.  Here are the steps:

Before starting the Validate & Repair process, you should copy your current data file within Quicken, and use that copied file in the validation process.

The Copy steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Copy...”

2)    In the Pop-Up make sure all info is correct and all boxes are checked, then click “OK”.

3)    If the “Copy” process fails, it would likely be caused by a corrupt file. You can then try to bypass the corruption by holding down both the “Ctrl” and “Shift” Keys while performing step 1) immediately above.

4)    If you are asked "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click on "Yes".  (However you should know that doing this could cause data to be deleted.)

The “Validate & Repair” File steps are:

1)    Select: “File” > ”File Operations” > “Validate and Repair...”

2)    Make sure that the “File to validate and repair” is the new Copy you made above.

3)    Read the “warnings” and check the boxes accordingly.  (I suggest you click” “Validate file”, “Rebuild investing lots”, “Correct investing price history” and “Repair”)

4)    Click “OK”

Once the Validate & Repair process finishes, review the output and correct any reported errors that the process did not repair.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• Mikesalino
    Mikesalino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep. That fixed it. I assume I continue to use the validated file?

Thanks for your help.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike,

That is correct - continue to use the validated file.  I am glad that my suggestion worked for you!

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.