Why do my Credit Card Payments (refunds) get errors when I sync ?

PCOley
PCOley Member
I have Quicken for Windows R32.12. I have 2 credit transactions for a credit card account that I have handled as payments. That account reconciled fine. However, when I try to sync, I get an error on both transactions saying

"The desktop transaction in [that account] on [that date] for [payment/credit amount] was not synced. Illegal Operation: {0}"

Why does this happen ?
Thanks
Paula

Best Answer

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @PCOley

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like the sync is having issues. We should ideally be able to fix this by resetting the Quicken Cloud. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. 

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Answer ✓

Hello @PCOley

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. It sounds like the sync is having issues. We should ideally be able to fix this by resetting the Quicken Cloud. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. 

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PCOley
    PCOley Member
    I did the above, and at the suggestion, exited Quicken. Then, I relaunched Quicken and did another Sync. It was successful. Thanks so much, Paula
  • Quicken Francisco
    @PCOley

Glad to hear it worked for you! If you do run into any other issues please let us know so that we're able to take a look.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
This discussion has been closed.