how can I open restored quicken file???

Options
hi, I´ve restored windows 10 with a quicken backup file into C: :( , then with wondershare recoverit I´ve recovered the backup.
The file seems to be ok because it has 2mb but I can´t open it with the latest version of Quicken, pop up tells me that I must to open the file first with Quicken 2004, but Quicken 2004 don´t open the file.
I´ve lost data for a year, can you help me please?

best,

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Arjonilla said:
    hi, I´ve restored windows 10 with a quicken backup file into C: :( , then with wondershare recoverit I´ve recovered the backup.
    The file seems to be ok because it has 2mb but I can´t open it with the latest version of Quicken, pop up tells me that I must to open the file first with Quicken 2004, but Quicken 2004 don´t open the file.
    I´ve lost data for a year, can you help me please?

best,
    The restored file with 2 MB is basically an empty file or, at best, an incomplete file. You get this error message about having to use Q 2004 when Quicken can't read the file's control record.
    As I understand it, when Quicken prepares to create a backup file,  the live data file's control record is updated with latest information and then the live data file is closed. After that, the backup process copies the file to your specified destination:
    • Live data file: usually on C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken
    • Automatic Backup: usually on C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\Backup
    • Manual Backup: whatever drive and path you have specified, preferably an external USB device or network storage location.
    You need to look for another backup data file or another copy of your live data file.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Arjonilla said: hi, I´ve restored windows 10 with a quicken backup file into C: :( , then with wondershare recoverit I´ve recovered the backup.
    Don't really understand what you are talking about ?
    Did you restore an entire Windows drive ?  or what ??
    A Quicken backup file is just a normal file - don't know what "wondershare recoverit" does in this discussion ?
    Was the Quicken Backup file not accessible - deleted - or what ?
    Just trying to get a sense of where and how this Quicken Backup file exists ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.