Why am I seeing a "sanitized data file" instead of the regular entries?

Options
sarita226
sarita226 Member ✭✭
When I open Quicken on my Mac, instead of showing account names and entries related to normal transactions, it displays a "sanitized data file" How do I get back to the usual view?

Best Answer

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Somebody chose Help:Sanitize File and allowed it to created a sanitized file that provides anonymity should you need to send the file to Quicken Support for troubleshooting. It is a copy of your original file.

If you choose File:Open Recent, you should be able to locate/open your unsanitized file.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Somebody chose Help:Sanitize File and allowed it to created a sanitized file that provides anonymity should you need to send the file to Quicken Support for troubleshooting. It is a copy of your original file.

If you choose File:Open Recent, you should be able to locate/open your unsanitized file.
  • 1-nobody
    1-nobody Member
    Options
    (Quicken Version 6.5.0) - The database file for me was sanitized after Quicken update. Had to restore an earlier version and database. Now concerned about future database corruption with version updates.
  • cris_b
    cris_b Member
    Options
    I just updated my Quicken for Mac to Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100) and a Sanitized_Data_File was automatically created. Why is Quicken doing this?
This discussion has been closed.