Invoice Payment Reminders?

[Home, Business & Rental]

I have reminders set up to send invoices to a client, but I was hoping to set up reminders for invoice payments as well. I had thought about setting it up as an Income Reminder, but that doesn't appear to be the right procedure.

Is there a way to set up an Invoice Payment Reminder?

Best Answer

• seanmck
    seanmck Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found my solution: The Add Invoice Reminder window has a Type field with a Payment From Customer option. Dunno how I missed it.

Answers

• seanmck
    seanmck Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found my solution: The Add Invoice Reminder window has a Type field with a Payment From Customer option. Dunno how I missed it.
  • LzyNerd227
    LzyNerd227 Member ✭✭
    I used to use the same option until about 6 months or so ago when the Projected Balance view started to show the amount inverted, i.e. Payment from Customer would decrease the account deposited into on the graph. Strangely enough, when actually entering the same transation, the amounts are correct, i.e. the account deposited into increments. But, this function has been rendered askew since the Projected Balance view is distorted prior to entering the Payment from Customer invoice reminder.
    Regularly look back to move forward in the present. o:)
  • seanmck
    seanmck Member ✭✭
    I have that exact same problem. After an infuriating 90-minute "troubleshooting" session with CS, I just made a dummy account to "deposit" the scheduled payments into, then set up a matching series of transfers from the dummy account into my checking so my Projected Balances are correct.
  • seanmck
    seanmck Member ✭✭
    Whoops, I didn't explain that right. The crux of the problem appears to be when an invoice payment reminder is set up to be deposited into a personal banking account.

What I did was:

* Create a business banking account.
    * Change the Customer Payment reminder to go into that account.
    * Include the account with my personal checking and savings in Projected Balances.

When I enter each Customer Payment, I change the account back to my personal checking, so the business banking account never gets used.

It's annoying (and the Closing Balance still strangely zeros out on the invoice payment lines before returning to the normal balance) but it's a decent workaround until Quicken corrects the bug.
  • seanmck
    seanmck Member ✭✭
    Forget that third bullet point. Adding the business banking account messes up the balances. :D

I wish this site had an edit or delete option.
  • LzyNerd227
    LzyNerd227 Member ✭✭
    @seanmck, thank you for confirming that the issue is not isolated only to my system. My current workaround is to refer to an constant balance at the same point/monthly transaction on the Projected Balance graph because my Customer Payments are level at the moment. I'm sorry for the tedium that this accounting program has relegated. I'm hoping for a correction too.
  • LzyNerd227
    LzyNerd227 Member ✭✭
    @seanmck , my Projected Balances graph is now reporting the correct increment after adding the Income Reminder on the Business tab instead of the Bills & Income tab. I just set it up for the first time so I'll have to get back to you once it's time to actually enter it to find out if all of the balances are as expected.
This discussion has been closed.