Unable to Uncheck some accounts in Desktop Sync to Mobile

Hi,

In my Quicken file I have my kids accounts and mine. In Quicken for Mac desktop I have their accounts as Separate accounts so I don't see their Balances in my Net Worth.

On the Accounts Tab under Mobile, Web and Alerts I can uncheck most of their accounts. For some reason I cannot uncheck their bank accounts, so those totals show in Quicken Mobile.

I am hoping I can easily fix that or my next option is to create a new file with their info and then clear their accounts from my Main file.

Thanks

Will

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @KublyW

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize for the issue you're having. That is interesting that you're not able to. I'm wondering here if we're able to potentially change it from a different screen. Go across the top to edit > Preferences > Mobile & web > accounts eligible for sync. From here you should be able to remove the accounts that are there.

If this also doesn't work please let us know so we can see what we can try next to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• KublyW
    KublyW Member ✭✭
    Hi On my version of Quicken for Mac I can get to this screen by going to Quicken>Preferences > Mobile & web> accounts. Some of the accounts have a greyed out check mark and I am unable to uncheck them, they are already checked. Any reason the ability to uncheck those accounts? They are bank and credit card accounts.
    Thanks
    Will
  • KublyW
    KublyW Member ✭✭
    So even though I am not able to uncheck some of the Bank accounts Quicken online and Quicken iPad display what I wanted. I had set and reset those accounts to keep separate but Quicken online was showing them in the totals. Suddenly everything looks correct.
  • dave408
    dave408 Member ✭✭
    I am also having this problem. I was able to solve it for one account (a savings account) by editing the account settings and disconnecting the account temporarily. Once downloading transactions was disabled, I was able to go back to Preferences->Mobile, Web & Alerts->Accounts, and then that account was no longer greyed out and I could unselect it, and then go back to re-configure the account to download transactions, and it stayed unselected in the sync list. But the credit card account didn't work - I was able to remove it from the sync list after disabling downloads, but once I re-enabled downloads, it's once again selected for mobile/web sync and greyed it out so I can't deselect it. (I'm up-to-date, running Quicken Deluxe 6.4.4)
This discussion has been closed.