Online payee appears with multiple financial institutions in online payee list

Options
I have a whole bunch of online payees set up, and use them with my primary bank. However, a couple of the online payees also appear under another financial institution in my online payee list. (One of them has a lead time for payment of 65,535 days, by which time any payment would be pretty overdue!) I'm worried that at some point I'll accidentally use the wrong bank to make a payment.

Is there a way to delete these payees from one financial institution but not another? Or do I need to delete them entirely and reenter them?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Ralphhh,

Your online payees should be showing up on the Online Payee list for any accounts you make payments from. If you delete them from one FI, Quicken will delete them from any other accounts that you've setup to make payments (BTW - I am talking only about making payments from your bank accounts - not those using Quicken Bill Manager).

So, I believe that you'll need to delete them from the Online Payee list and reenter them.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Ralphhh,

Your online payees should be showing up on the Online Payee list for any accounts you make payments from. If you delete them from one FI, Quicken will delete them from any other accounts that you've setup to make payments (BTW - I am talking only about making payments from your bank accounts - not those using Quicken Bill Manager).

So, I believe that you'll need to delete them from the Online Payee list and reenter them.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.