Re:checking account transactions error

Randomly, on the register, Quicken arbitrarily changes the date of a check after it has been saved and printed. Consequently, that raises havoc when reconciling or trying to find the record of a transaction. The change can be weeks or months.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    The date can change if you download transactions (and it matched to your printed one) and you have the Preferences:Connected Services option set to use the Posted date:

You might not have noticed this on relatively new transactions, but if somebody is slow to cash a check, then it stands out.
  • dapfs
    dapfs Member
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. These are not downloaded transactions. These are typically checks I have written on the computer with a specific date -the one on which I wrote the check. Later, when I am reconciling online, for example, I find that the check has been redated, usually weeks or months difference. A prime example was when I wrote checks to my 4 grandchildren on the same date for the same amount each. Later, one-only- was on the computert as having been written about 3 months later.
  • dapfs
    dapfs Member
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. These are not downloaded transactions. These are typically checks I have written on the computer with a specific date -the one on which I wrote the check. Later, when I am reconciling online, for example, I find that the check has been redated, usually weeks or months difference. A prime example was when I wrote checks to my 4 grandchildren on the same date for the same amount each. Later, one-only- was on the computert as having been written about 3 months later.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    dapfs said:
    This is unusual if you aren't connected online to your banks. It is not normal for transactions to change dates.

I suggest you reach out to Quicken Support as they have more tools to better assist you. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

This discussion has been closed.